• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Have you read the latest updates on the PPI claims judicial review and potential hold on claims
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=24880

Comment

Originally posted by Spikey View Post
      Hi All,

I am a Financial Claims Processor for my sins. I am all for DIY claims and DIY anything to avoid paying a professional - but only when your scope of competence and experience allows it !

If Joe Public runs his/her own claim - how do they know that they are receiving full entitlement. Single premium PPI claims are a very good example - the providers will invariably offer lower amounts than FOS guidance dictates. We regularly see cases where first offer can be 20% of true FOS standard value. Joe Public could accept this is blissful ignorance. Without amortisation software to calculate capital balances, rebate values and statutory interest - how does Joe know what he should be receiving. Many providers will not offer the stat at all and need to be challenged to do so ! Many brokers will not offer the capital balance remaining on the PPI loan to pay the lender to cancel it - so the client receives a refund of payments made to date but still ends up paying all the future PPI loan payments to finance provider. Very naughty !!

Also, many providers will reply to Joe Public that they are not liable for cases before January 2005 or cases that are brokered. We then need to chase the insurer or broker but how would Joe Public know to do this - or how to do it when his letter tells him that his claim cannot proceed ?

If Joe's provider has ceased trading - how will he make that FSCS claim and even if he has heard of the FSCS, does not want to complete a 14 page form with supporting documents ?

Here's a parting shot - this week I had a company write to a client direct with an offer of £1000. Fortunately the client called me to ask if she should accept. The provider has now offered £13,800 on my intervention and production of the settlement calculations from our software. If client had done this herself, she would have accepted the £1000 !! If the providers are still trying it on with us, what hope does Joe Public have . . . . I rest my case !!!!

What Joe Public needs is a resource available to check the value of settlement offers that have been made when he runs his own claim - then if a professional like myself can better that offer, we can take a percentage of the increase. Joe Public gets more than he would have as a result of his own efforts and does not begrudge paying a professional for a professional service. If the professional cannot increase the offer then we make nothing. "Simples" squeeks the little furry meerkat !!

What does Legal Beagles think to this ?? We are not the dregs of the earth that you portray - some of us do have a valuable role to play and are actually worth paying !!!

No you aren't all the drags of the earth that are portrayed and we try to keep a balanced view, unfortunately this thread is about people who have had problems with a particular CMC. It is the unfortunate truth of forums and message boards such as this that people don't come to give us good news when everything went well, they come to get help with problems and difficulties after they have started use of a CMC or DMC.

There obviously are many many happy customers of CMCs or they wouldnt be surviving, but with the reports back from FOS and MOJ about the irrelevant templated claims, the experiences of members of lost fes, ridiculous claims and impossible communications, we are inclined to publicise and thus try and improve the poor sectors of the industry and hopefully push people towards the better CMCs (by encouraging research and look for recommendations not just accept some random bloke on a cold calls word - amazes me how peeps can hand over hundreds (sometimes thousands) of pounds on the strength of a cold call - or assist them with DIY if they feel they can. Many claims companies only use the FOS anyway, and the FOS are extremely helpful with people doing their own claims.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I MADE A BIG MISTAKE TWICE
        CENTO REVIEW contacted me saying were are on the list were our morgage has been miss sold and we could get it reduced or written off.
        and what other cards or loans do we have , as i started to say they seam to allready have the info, anyway after a long call i agreed ( i am on a lot of medication ) and paid £129.00 over 16 months ago they said would take about 6/8 weeks. then 3 weeks after phone call saying good news we found we can get your
        lloyds credit card written off if we pay £500 now no other fees like court costs ect.
        if we dont then we would have to pay all fees and 25% fees to them so it worked out much beter to pay £500 so told them did not have cleared funds in my account
        but they kept on say how much i was going to save so in the end gave in and gave them my numbers and they tryed but it did not work. so i though that was that but days later iit was taken from my account so when i found out i ask for it back they said cant stop it now as everything is underway . but 2 days after money taken letter came saying card was not uninforcable buy there solicitors so again i said money back but they say it is still on going till every thing is been delt with and can not get any refunds or stop this till everything has been checked .phoned a few times told not to and just wait. phoned to day told same still on going.
        help what can i do was told could stop anytime but they now say cant.
        areally did not know what i was doing back then ( due to medication )
        but i do now.
        anyone any hope? sorry for the going on and any spelling mistakes
        jeff

Comment

Hi Freddie

There is a new TV programe being made with Dominic Littlewood he would love this type of story where they have taken advatage of you being unwell :-

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=25606 I suggest that you call them and tell them your story for starters.

New BBC1 series of Don’t Get Done, Get Dom

Consumer champion Dominic Littlewood is back for another series of the BBC show Don't Get Done Get Dom.Have you been treated unfairly by a company or organisation? Maybe you’ve tried complaining, but feel like you’re getting nowhere – or perhaps you don’t know where to begin?
          Dom wants to help you. Email me with details to dom@flametv.co.uk or call 0207 598 7390 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0207 598 7390 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

How long ago did they take this payment of £500 from your account? was it on a credit card or a debit card?

Perhaps you could give us a complete time time from the beginning as clearly it seems that they have just taken your money and have not yet made any recoveries of monies for you.

Thanks
          Tuittsi
          Originally posted by FREDDIE View Post
          I MADE A BIG MISTAKE TWICE
          CENTO REVIEW contacted me saying were are on the list were our morgage has been miss sold and we could get it reduced or written off.
          and what other cards or loans do we have , as i started to say they seam to allready have the info, anyway after a long call i agreed ( i am on a lot of medication ) and paid £129.00 over 16 months ago they said would take about 6/8 weeks. then 3 weeks after phone call saying good news we found we can get your
          lloyds credit card written off if we pay £500 now no other fees like court costs ect.
          if we dont then we would have to pay all fees and 25% fees to them so it worked out much beter to pay £500 so told them did not have cleared funds in my account
          but they kept on say how much i was going to save so in the end gave in and gave them my numbers and they tryed but it did not work. so i though that was that but days later iit was taken from my account so when i found out i ask for it back they said cant stop it now as everything is underway . but 2 days after money taken letter came saying card was not uninforcable buy there solicitors so again i said money back but they say it is still on going till every thing is been delt with and can not get any refunds or stop this till everything has been checked .phoned a few times told not to and just wait. phoned to day told same still on going.
          help what can i do was told could stop anytime but they now say cant.
          areally did not know what i was doing back then ( due to medication )
          but i do now.
          anyone any hope? sorry for the going on and any spelling mistakes
          jeff
          Last edited by TUTTSI; 22nd November 2010, 13:23:PM.

Comment

thank you
            just sent the email to bbc
            and contact juctice dedartment told to go to local c advice b

Comment

I also emailed Dominic Littlewood and gave him the link to your plight. Please let me know if he contacts you.
              Thanks
              Tuttsi
              Originally posted by FREDDIE View Post
              thank you
              just sent the email to bbc
              and contact juctice dedartment told to go to local c advice b

Comment

Please help me!

On sept 29th i recieved a call from Lifestyle claims, after a conviencing sales patter i stupidly paid £352.50 on my Credit Card, I recieved a welcome pack with requests for information which i duely sent. I was assured within 12 weeks I would hear the result of my claim. This week is week 12 so i have been rining to get an update on my claim........phone lines go dead when i call this number and select the relevant option 0844 669 9333.

I am panicing!

Can anyone help me and tell me what to do or where to go? I dont know how to find out if this company has the correct license or is still trading - i paid on a credit card so i know that if this is the case i can claim from them but i dont know how to find out.

Please help, ive been foolish to belive this scam and am now really worried about what to do.

Lj
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                just checked the MOJ and they are a authorised business, does this mean they are still trading?
                Last edited by wyndham21; 20th December 2010, 10:04:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just tried a few of the options on the phone line and they are all dead. Try Cento (same people) on 01792 762560 and if no joy email/call the MOJ with your concerns - info@claimsregulation.gov.uk

For Consumers

Visit our News Page for the latest news for consumers, and for details of scams related to claims management businesses.
                  On this page:
                  What is Claims Management Regulation?
                  If you are considering making a claim but have not yet employed a claims management business, you may find these FAQs helpful:

If you have already agreed with a claims management business that they will handle your claim, you may find these FAQs helpful:

Making a Claim

The Claims Management Regulator is issuing a series of factsheets providing guidance to consumers in respect to services that are, or are not, being provided to them by claims management businesses:
                  Consumer Factsheet – delays in providing service
                  Consumer Factsheet – suspended or cancelled business
                  Consumer Factsheet – debt transfer companies

What is Claims Management Regulation?
                  The Claims Management Regulator does not approve, recommend or endorse businesses that handle claims on your behalf.
                  The Regulator is responsible for regulating businesses that handle certain types of claims for compensation (for instance in respect of personal injury, mis-sold payment protection insurance or unfair bank charges). More information on types of claims is available on the Authorisations page.
                  Any business that handles such claims must be authorised by the Claims Management Regulator, unless they are covered by an exemption. There are exemptions for certain groups such as solicitors and advice agencies. More information on exemptions is available on the Authorisations page.
                  You can check whether a business is authorised by the Claims Management Regulator by using our Authorised Business Search.
                  Authorised businesses that offer to help you make a compensation claim must follow strict conduct rules. For example, they must:
                  • not engage in face to face ‘cold calling’, or in any form of high pressure selling;

• give you written information on how you can pursue a claim and the costs involved before a contract is agreed;

• allow a ‘cooling off’ period of at least 14 days after you sign a contract in case you change your mind;

• operate a customer complaints scheme.

If you are considering making a claim but have not yet employed a claims management business, you may find these FAQs helpful:
                  Do I need to use a claims management business to make a claim?
                  You do not need to use a claims management business to make your claim – depending on what sort of claim you are making you may be able to make the claim yourself. For claims where you do need expert help, such as claims for personal injury, you can find a solicitor yourself, rather than being referred by a claims management business.
                  For details of where to go for advice on different types of claims, see ‘Making A Claim’.
                  How should I choose a claims management business?
                  Always check that a claims management business is authorised by the Claims Management Regulator before agreeing to them handling your claim. The Authorised Business Search tells you which businesses are currently authorised and which businesses have had their authorisation suspended or cancelled, and are no longer able to handle claims.
                  Before signing a contract for claims management services, read through the contract carefully. Make sure that there is a cooling off period, in case you change your mind, and look for contract terms that may be unfair.
                  A claims management business has called me and told me that they can arrange for my outstanding loans and credit card balances to be written off. It sounds too good to be true?
                  The Claims Management Regulator and the Office of Fair Trading have issued a Consumer Alert warning consumers about the risks of being misled over the enforceability of consumer credit agreements.
                  You may be asked to pay a large up-front fee, sometimes up to £500, and with no guarantee that your loans actually will be written off, you risk increasing your debt. Consumers with specific debt problems are being advised to contact agencies that provide free, impartial advice on handling debt, such as Citizens Advice. For contact details for other agencies, click on ‘Links’ on the right hand side of this page.
                  If you have already agreed with a claims management business that they will handle your claim, you may find these FAQs helpful:
                  I’ve paid a claims management business a fee and have heard nothing further - what should I do?
                  You should first contact the business providing the service as they should be made aware of the problem you are experiencing. They are required to reply to any contact you make within a reasonable time. You may wish to do so in writing by recorded delivery so that you know they have received your letter. For more advice, read our Consumer Factsheet – delays in providing service.
                  I have paid money to a claims management business – can I get a refund?
                  This will depend on the terms of the contract you signed with the business, and when you signed it.
                  Authorised claims management businesses are required to allow their customers a 14 day cooling off period. If you have entered into an agreement with a business in the last 14 days you can cancel the agreement and request a refund of any fees paid. You should contact the claims management business as soon as possible informing them that you wish to cancel.
                  If you entered the agreement more than 14 days ago then you may still be entitled to a refund if the business has breached its contract with you, for example by failing to provide the service it promised, or by failing to provide the service within a reasonable time.
                  If you used your credit card to pay a fee to the business, and you believe the business is in breach of contract, you may be able to seek a refund direct from your credit card company. You should contact your credit card company and they will be able to advise if you have a claim. There is useful advice on how to request a refund from your credit card company on the Consumer Direct website.
                  How should I complain to the business?
                  All authorised claims management businesses must have a complaints handling procedure. If you do not have a copy of this you should request it from the business or you can obtain a copy from the business’s website.
                  There is advice on writing a letter of complaint on the Consumer Direct website, or you can contact Consumer Direct on 0845 404 0506.
                  I have contacted the business to complain but they have not replied. What can I do?
                  If you can not get in touch with the business, or if you do not receive a satisfactory response from them, you may be able to pursue your concerns with the Claims Management Regulator. We will need to know when you contracted with the business, any contact you have had with them since then and what you have done to complain to them. Our Complaints procedure explains how you can complain and what you can expect from the Regulator.

You can also look on the MOJ claims regulation site to check their authorisation (yes it is still valid but that means sod all I'm afraid)
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

actually, lookng again at their authorisation (ALL Debt Solutions) (Client Connection Ltd) the TRADING AS names (the lifestyle group of companies) seem to have gone.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Whois info for lifestyleclaims.net

Spooner, Damian info@convergencebs.co.uk
                      Princess House
                      Princess Way
                      Swansea, Wales SA1 1SD
                      GB
                      +44.7805555651

CONVERGENCE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS LIMITED

CONVERGENCE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS LIMITED
                      DRUSLYN HOUSE
                      DE LA BECHE STREET
                      SWANSEA
                      SA1 3HJ
                      Company No. 06716717

Damian Spooner is director
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

What does that mean? What should i do?

Im in the process of writing a letter to them to ask for refund, what should i say?

Comment

I'd try speak to the claims regulators first and find out whats happened to their authorisation.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi This is the 1st post i have made so sorry if i get anything wrong.

My question relates to Lifestyle claims, Claims Management or whatever they are called.

My elderly grandfather got talked into (or rather bullied into) paying £352.00 in October for being misold on his morgage (even though he has had no morgage for many years.

After speaking to my father that day we advised him that he should decline their service and get his money back. When he did this he encountered lots of problems but was finally told that he needed to wait for his pack to arrive then return it back in the cooling off period and they would refund his money. This he did but still no refund. We have spoken to them for him now on 3 different occasions and each time they say they will refund the money but nothing ever happens.

Can anybody offer any help or advice as to what we can try next. I know i can seek legal advice but again that would involve more costs.

To make matters worse we have been calling them non stop and you get put in a queue for 30 minutes then they disconnect you. All this on a premium line 0844 6699333. I could not even find an email address for them either

We are at a loss as to what else we can do

Thanks

Comment

Hi Well Boy

Did your grandfather pay by credit card if he did contact the credit card immediately and advise them the situation.

Also, what date did he pay Life Style claims?

In addition your grandfather should write immediately to Life Styles Claims by special delivery and advise them that he has not received the pack and that he does NOT want to proceed and that he wants his money back or he will be issuing a claim against them.

You should also contact the Ministry of Justice and explain that they have
                              mis sold him a service for something which he does not have and which he did not want, he now wants to cancel which is his right and that he cannot as he never received the pack and they wont refund unless he returns the pack.
                              Authorisation Number CRM16588

Try this number which is on their website 0844 669 8008.

Please let us know how you get on with this and if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Tuttsi

Try this also Damian Spooner is or was a director
                              Whois info for lifestyleclaims.net

Spooner, Damian info@convergencebs.co.uk
                              Princess House
                              Princess Way
                              Swansea, Wales SA1 1SD
                              GB
                              +44.7805555651

Read more at: Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Hi TUTTSI

My Grandfather paid with a debit card which came directly out of his account on the 19th October 2010.

He returned everything to them but nothing. When we have spoken to them since they just say that they will refund it back but never actually do it. My mother even asked to speak to a senior manager but they just refuse.

Like i said, everything we have tried has just hit a brick wall. They are very quick to take the money but very slow to repay it back. Even on the day they took the money we called them but just got the run around (i.e. we had to wait for the pack to arrive first).

Thanks anyway

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X