• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting

I am so ashamed I was caught shoplifting in boots, I have never done this before and will never again! My head is all over the place! I was taken into a room with the security guards and the police were phoned, they came I was told I would hear for them will I get a criminal record ? This will effect my job
    Tags: None

Re: Shoplifting

Originally posted by Imaidiot View Post
    I am so ashamed I was caught shoplifting in boots, I have never done this before and will never again! My head is all over the place! I was taken into a room with the security guards and the police were phoned, they came I was told I would hear for them will I get a criminal record ? This will effect my job
    As you weren't arrested at the scene I would assume a police officer is going to be in touch with you and invite you in for an interview under caution if they intend to do anything more with this. A police officer once told me even if caught red handed for something always have a solicitor to accompany you in any police interview. Even though you have done what they say you have and it might seem as though just admitting it will be the best course - take a solicitor.

After the interview they might offer a police caution, which is an admittance of guilt and a warning that you sign accepting the caution. It basically goes on file for 5 years and if you were to be caught for another offence that caution might be taken into account.

Or they might charge you and then if convicted at court you would have a criminal record.

That's the worst case scenario and if Boots want to proceed with their complaint to the police. If they have their goods back in a saleable condition and you're not a prolific offender, which given you've come here it sounds like your not, then chances are that they won't want to or the police will advise them it wouldn't be in the public interest.

Boots my ask for your details in that instance and it's likely you'll get a letter banning you for the store. Additionally you'll probably get letters from a company called RLP pro-porting that you owe a fine which you should under no circumstances pay.

See this thread here: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...ighlight=boots

I'd be very surprised if this goes much further, you have made a silly mistake and it seems you now regret it. Chalk it up to experience and obviously don't do it again.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X