• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Partners Children's Passport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partners Children's Passport

Hi

My partner has two children from a previous relationship, when I met my partner in 2013 the children hadn't seen their father for a year after he ceased contact, at the time we lived in Scotland. We moved to England due to my job in late 2014, my partner has a business page on Facebook displaying an address and shortly after moving he issued a court application about us breaching their custody agreement by moving to England, but we were able to demonstrate to the contrary and prevent him obtaining legal aid to actually go to court, so it was withdrawn by his Solicitor.

We know that he won't sign the passport forms, but my partner on a social media forum has read someone in a similar situation sent letters to the absent father requesting his permission and when no reply came was able to go through court to negate the need for his signature.

I just wondered as we have an address for his solicitor if there is any truth in this? We can send the letters to them and if there's no response can we go to court?

We don't have the means to go on holiday right now, but I'm hoping we will in future and any help appreciated, thanks.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.
    Tags: None

Re: Partners Children's Passport

He doesn't need to sign to apply for a passport unless the children have changed their names since birth or he had applied for their last passport and you're applying to replace it, or for some reason your partner doesn't have Parental responsibility ( which she will have ) - or is there something in the child arrangements order about passports / travelling overseas?

I didn't have to bother my ex at all when I got my kids passports. It could have changed ... I don't know..... I think I'd go and get a form from the Post Office and double check before worrying too much.

you could always ring the advice line if you have any concerns -
    Passport Adviceline
    Telephone: 0300 222 0000
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Partners Children's Passport

Page 9 https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._44_03.17_.pdf
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X