Thread: Partners Children's Passport

• Display

VIP Member

Mentions
    5 Post(s)

Default Partners Children's Passport

Hi

My partner has two children from a previous relationship, when I met my partner in 2013 the children hadn't seen their father for a year after he ceased contact, at the time we lived in Scotland. We moved to England due to my job in late 2014, my partner has a business page on Facebook displaying an address and shortly after moving he issued a court application about us breaching their custody agreement by moving to England, but we were able to demonstrate to the contrary and prevent him obtaining legal aid to actually go to court, so it was withdrawn by his Solicitor.

We know that he won't sign the passport forms, but my partner on a social media forum has read someone in a similar situation sent letters to the absent father requesting his permission and when no reply came was able to go through court to negate the need for his signature.

I just wondered as we have an address for his solicitor if there is any truth in this? We can send the letters to them and if there's no response can we go to court?

We don't have the means to go on holiday right now, but I'm hoping we will in future and any help appreciated, thanks.

Site Owner

Mentions
    1695 Post(s)

Default Re: Partners Children's Passport

He doesn't need to sign to apply for a passport unless the children have changed their names since birth or he had applied for their last passport and you're applying to replace it, or for some reason your partner doesn't have Parental responsibility ( which she will have ) - or is there something in the child arrangements order about passports / travelling overseas?

I didn't have to bother my ex at all when I got my kids passports. It could have changed ... I don't know..... I think I'd go and get a form from the Post Office and double check before worrying too much.

you could always ring the advice line if you have any concerns -
    Passport Adviceline
    Telephone: 0300 222 0000
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Site Owner

Mentions
    1695 Post(s)

Default Re: Partners Children's Passport

“We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com