• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bemused latecomer - paid HSBC Cardholder Repayment Protector 1989 to 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bemused latecomer - paid HSBC Cardholder Repayment Protector 1989 to 2004

Hello,

I know there is masses on-line but it is overwhelming and I am hoping some clever dude will be able to cut through the mass of information and give me a little guidance - please!

I have just found in the attic statements from HSBC (1996 - 2004) that indicate clearly monthly payments ranging from £5 to £60 for cardholder repayment protector. I can see on money saving expert the template letter to write etc but I am worried about the time and the fact there will be no T&C and arrangement details.

Can I just copy the statements as evidence and say I was always of the understanding that the payment was mandatory - which I absolutely was, I have always been easily lead by rules and fear rather question regulations.

Any guidance - be so grateful. Have just been made redundant and time rich and money poor is what led me to this stage.
    Thank you!
    K
    Tags: None

Re: Bemused latecomer - paid HSBC Cardholder Repayment Protector 1989 to 2004

Have you taken the first step and completed the claim form ? Online PPI form from https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/contact-a...tion-insurance - just a bit quicker/simpler than writing letters and posting them. As you work through you should see what information is needed, normally it's only needed to evidence things if they come back to you disputing the claim, so I'd just take the first step and see what happens. They reckon it takes about 30 mins to fill in the form. I can't get past the first page without filling in all my details to see what else is needed so I haven't been through it all.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have the form which is pretty easy to complete but I suppose I thought that I could provide copies of all the statements I have and hit the terms and conditions subject on the head in any way possible but thank you for your advice
      k

Comment

It won't hurt to provide them with your initial complaint xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X