• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blackhorse Hire Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhorse Hire Purchase

Hi All,

This has probably been extensively covered already but I am having a bit of a dilemma. I am trying to organise my debts into a DAS on a payment plan. I will be voluntary terminating my hire purchase before the half way mark but won't be doing this for a few months as I still require use of the car for a few months. However I really need to set up my DAS asap, debt plans class a hire purchase as a 'priority debt' and so my monthly repayment on debts is looking lower if I still have the car (£295) however if I VT the car and add the debt for the remainder of the car (around £3500) to my DAS, they then class me as not having a car and saving £500 a month (car finance, petrol, insurance etc) and want me to pay £700 a month to debts which I really cannot afford. I am now thinking it may be best not to put anything into a debt plan if I will still be paying the same out as what I currently am.

My query is -after all of that- if I VT the car with Blackhorse, how do we deal with the remainder debt I owe them? Will they expect me to continue to make the monthly payment I have been throughout the agreement or will they be willing to set up a lower monthly plan? I am currently paying £219.79 a month in finance but would they allow this to drop to £100 a month for the debt I owe them?

Very confused so any help would be appreciated. I am also extremely anxious about calling Blackhorse to VT as I am scared they will try and make this difficult but I have been reading up a lot of the legalities on this forum so hopefully that helps me!!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X