• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Set-Aside & Claim Dismissed **** CCJ Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCJ Help

Cheers, in terms of the fee, do i stick a tenner in the envelope?

Comment

like a Birthday card? lol .... be better if you can get a postal order I reckon xxx Otherwise you could ring them and say you are sending a SAR can you pay the fee on the phone?

Data Controller: HSBC BANK PLC
      Address:

8 CANADA SQUARE
      LONDON
      E14 5HQ
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

lol
        oh is that the address, i found a sheffield address, but i will go with the one you sent.

Comment

Oh you'll have to put down your address that you had at the time you had the account too so they can find you.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

i rang hsbc and they gave me a different address to send the sar to, although the guy i spoke to didnt sound so sure himself lol

Comment

HSBC Bank PLC
              UK Data Protection Compliance
              Griffin House
              2-01
              41 Silver Street Head
              Sheffield
              S1 3GG

Comment

yea this is the one i found. this guy at hsbc gave me a strand, london address though

also, he told me that the last transaction on the account was 14 January 2010 @Amethyst

Is this something I can add to my witness statement or letter to arrow?

Comment

Okay the address I gave you was the one they have registered with the ICO, but go with what they say on the phone as the ICO might be in need of updating. ( https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z5734875 )
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by mr_c View Post

also, he told me that the last transaction on the account was 14 January 2010 @Amethyst

Is this something I can add to my witness statement or letter to arrow?
                    I'd hold back on the exact date for now. You can use it when you come to filing your actual defence, as you first need to check terms ( which you should get in the SAR response ) on when they could default the account and thus the cause of action.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

from your experience what do you think my chances are of getting this set aside?

Comment

so I have submitted my n244 form, paid the fee, sent my subject access request to HSBC, and wrote a letter to arrow.

Is there anything else I need to be doing?

Comment

await court instructions for starters

Comment

So i received a letter today from the County Court Business Centre.

It says "this claim has been transferred to the county court at ***** for that court to deal with the defendant's application for an order to set judgement aside"

Is this a good thing or does it just mean that I now have to wait for a hearing date?
                            [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by mr_c View Post
                              It says "this claim has been transferred to the county court at ***** for that court to deal with the defendant's application for an order to set judgement aside"

Is this a good thing or does it just mean that I now have to wait for a hearing date?
                              Did your Application ask the court to decide at a hearing or on paper?

It's not posted on your thread since you dealt with this by PM.

Either way if Cabot (their solicitors) decide to contest your Application they will probably file a WS at court in reply to your Application and serve it on you.

My firm does things slightly differently. We send a copy of the Application and the WS to support it (telling the court reasons why it should be set aside due to wrong address etc) then we also attach a separate Draft Defence (what you would be pleading if the set aside is successful).

We then give them seven days to consent to a set aside failing which we will make the Application to the court and we put them on notice that we will be seeking costs due to any unreasonable behaviour in refusing to consent without the need to go to court if the Application is successful.

Di

Comment

My application asked the court to decide at a hearing.

I believe the solicitors are Shoosmiths on this.

I submitted my application to the court and also sent a letter to Arrow asking them to consent to the set aside, - not heard back from them yet.

Does the fact that the n244 being submitted and this being transferred to my local county court mean that any enforcement action is stopped?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X