• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Set-Aside & Claim Dismissed **** CCJ Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCJ Help

Account closed September 2011 - well that would may spoil any SB defence

Other things you might want to look for are when was a formal demand for payment sent

When was the last credit made to the account

Did they ever send a DN ( yes i know its a current account but HBOS sent me a DN for a current account)

just a few thoughts

Comment

Does the 6 year period begin when the account is closed for an overdraft?

Last transaction was January 2010.

Cannot see a DN in there

Comment

Any use?
        http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...raft-fee-limit
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Would you be able to advise me on what I need to be looking for and on what my steps should be now?

Thanks

Comment

Are the account terms in there ?

After last payment in to the account in jan 2010 can you see how the debt built up - any left over DDs etc - spends- charges etc
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes there is a list of what all the terms mean.

Would I need to go through the statements to get that info? There are reams and reams of filing paper with all the transactions on (and not in the most user friendly format lol) so would need to go through them to calculate how the debt built up.

I have all the dates of when hsbc said they actionned stuff. I.e. when they sent final Demand, passed to their in-house litigation team, sent discount letters, sold to arrow etc. All of which I never received and are not actually provided on this SARS

Comment

Sorry, any terms and conditions at all? You want to look at any rules like paying in x per month, having 2 dds etc that you breached giving them the right to close the account ( so to show they could have closed it earlier )

Transaction wise - what was the balance in Jan 2010 when you last paid in ? How does that translate to what they are claiming now ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yes there are terms and conditions. I will have a look over them when I get in from work and I'll check the balances too.

Cheers

Comment

So this doesn't actually tell me the balances at each transaction, on the transaction lists.

It does say, on another document, the closing balance was 957.33 and the ccj is for about £1100.

The terms and conditions of the overdraft don't really mention any specific about paying x amount every .month or anything like that. I can take a pic and put them on here if that helps
                    [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

I think you're more interested in the transactions between when you made your last payment in, and the account being closed, than anything after ( which doesn't actually sound bad at all ) - so even if you don't know the balances you should be able to see how much activity and what it was after your last in payment.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Looks like debit interest between my last transaction and account closure

Comment

that all? bummer. So you reckon that you made that last inward payment to get it back in overdraft limit then ditched it? Was your OD limit £1000 ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yea under transaction type it says "charges/interest Debit up until Sep 2011 at which it says account transfer (this is when account was sold).

Under account transfer It says "posting currency - 957.34" and then "transaction value - 1199.00" which is the CCJ amount.

The overdraft limit was 1250

Comment

Is there anything else I need to be doing at the moment? With this SARS stuff or otherwise? [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Howdy, nope you're pretty much sorted until they come up with some sort of documentation to argue against your statute barred defence, really there's probably not much of a claim on charges there as a defence issue. I don't understand this
                                "posting currency - 957.34" and then "transaction value - 1199.00"
                                Do they say what posting currency is in their terms list? All i can find is
                                Foreign currency transactions are initially recorded in the posting currency...
                                which doesn't seem to make much sense - transferred it into a different currency for some reason? no idea sorry.

Your main argument for the set aside is the claim being made at an old address and with a teeny bit of effort they could have located you as you were on electoral roll and updated with credit reference agencies. So that's what you're concentrating on for this, the rest is to show you would have a defence ( stat barred, potentially charges, no information/documents from the claimant - as per your original WS ) had you have received the claim.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X