• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MET Parking PCN

For the POPLA appeal, unfortunately the 'genuine pre-estimate of loss' argument is a tough argument to win since the 2015 Beavis Supreme Court ruling.
    I read somewhere that they should list the make/model of the car. Is this so?
    PoFA Sch 4 requires that the notice must 'specify the vehicle'.
    BPA Code of Practice 36.6 says
    6 the vehicle’s registration mark, and preferably also its make and colour
    I guess it would be for the judge on the day to interpret whether a vehicle reg only satisfies PoFA.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      For the POPLA appeal, unfortunately the 'genuine pre-estimate of loss' argument is a tough argument to win since the 2015 Beavis Supreme Court ruling.

I guess it would be for the judge on the day to interpret whether a vehicle reg only satisfies PoFA.
      So do I now go ahead and do a POPLA appeal on the grounds of limited time? Do I specify in the appeal who the driver was?
      Sorry for all the annoying questions, I'm just in a muddle as to how to approach. Many thanks! Hfbee

Comment

Do not ID the driver, even in the appeal.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi,
          I've never done a POPLA appeal before. Do I now fill out an online form and argue on the grounds that the time was not enough as it took a while to find a space plus at exit time the car was blocked in by another that was awaiting a space to become free (all this actually happened). I feel a bit helpless and hopeless!
          Sorry to be such a wuss
          Hfbee

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for help. Sorry I could not provide Gatwick signage as it is so far from
          where I live and I have had a lot of work on so could not get back there to
          take pics.

Comment

The online form limits the size and format. Create a PDF document with your appeal and send it to them. You use as one of your items "Frustration of Contract" in that you could not comply with the requirements you agreed to because of circumstance out of your control.

As pointed out earlier the parking did not exceed by 16 minutes as the timing was made by camera and you car was moving at that time and not parking.

The BPA Code of Practise requires that they give a minimum of 10 minutes grace period after the end of parking. A similar period is required at the start, after the car has been detected by camera, to find a space and read and agree to the conditions on the signage. Given this the overstay was probably a good deal less that the minimum grace period. The Beavis case regarded the CoP as mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              Do not ID the driver, even in the appeal.

Thank you VERY much.
              Hfbee

Comment

I guess it would be for the judge on the day to interpret whether a vehicle reg only satisfies PoFA.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Dear XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference 38XXXXX11.

MET Parking Services have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

Comment

All I can say is A HUGE THANKS TO LEGAL BEAGLES!!

£50.00 of my hard earned cash that I don't have to throw into the pockets of a greedy company!

THANK YOU LEGAL BEAGLES! Thanks Kati for posting my stuff up for me and for responding and helping, Thanks Ostell and Charitynjw for the valuable advice.

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!! THANK YOU!!!
                  Hfbee xxx xxx

Comment

I have just noticed that doesnt show on the number plates for you as they have been redacted.
                    The photo on the left is a lot darker than the one on the car and the photo on the right instead of it being a yellow number plate is white.
                    this leads me to believe that they are not from the same photo, could this be another avenue to look at?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X