• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

unclear rules of hours ?? threatened me with disciplinary action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unclear rules of hours ?? threatened me with disciplinary action

Hi everyone urgent help needed i think ive got a case for harassment in the work place etc and i have been informed as of this weekend if refuse/don't arrive to do my work they will take disciplinary action and investigate why this happened ?

background info i have been in full time employment with this company for 2+ years, no previous issues, no sick days etc, just recently my management have stated they are introducing a rota system for saturdays and my argument is that saturday or any weekend work is not in my contract and have also recorded the manager accepting he is forcing me to work overtime as he believes he can because of section B & C BELOW

A- Monday-Friday, minimum of 40 hours work a week
    B- you may have to permanently or temporarily change your hours, the company will give you reasonable amount of notice, they will take into any personal circumstances or issues raised
    c-you are required to work overtime if required to do so by your line manager as long as you receive a reasonable amount of notice
    i would like to add i regularly work 50 hours a week (monday-friday)but currently my WTD states im averaging 43 hours per week ?

i need to know if the saturday is included in my contract or is the saturday classed as overtime, my argument has been im doing the extra overtime hours between mon-fri and that they can't force me to do what's not in the contract (saturdays) now they are stating that saturdays are apart of the working week, because of clause B&C, if its not apart of my normal working hours then it surely cant be forced as that would be forced overtime come saturday ??

I would like to add within the 2+ years i have been there the new employees have a contract stating the same but adding that they must be available to work alternate saturdays ? out of 50 employees about 5 have this new contract, many of the others are telling me they are not working the saturdays and have been told we dont have too, but my management is saying otherwise.

Thanks for any help on this matter as things have escalated quickly
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X