• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

viagogo complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viagogo complaint

Hello,

On 14/12/2016 I purchased 4 tickets for the Poland - Romania football match on 10/06 through the Viagogo website.
    Me and my friends came from England to watch the game however tickets have not been received yet. On 06/06 an email from viagogo was received to the spam folder advising that tickets are being canceled because they did not receive tickets from the seller. On the viagogo website the purchase status was still the same, saying that the tickets are awaiting and will be ready for the collection soon. I called the customer service where I was told that e-tickets will be delivered. I got confused as there were not even 3 days left to the event and I was assued that tickets still will come.
    Later the lady from customer service did another check and she confirmed that I do not get my tickets and unfortunately they can not do anything about it.
    I tried to get any contact email/phone in order to write the complain as I was not happy with the customer service and the whole situation in general however the lady advised me that she would need to determinate this phone call and she hang up.
    The order status changed only on the day of the event to "canceled"
    I wrote many times to viagogo that I was not happy with the situation and that we were informed about the cancellation only 4 days before the event while the tickets were purchased last year in Dec 2016. We all paid for the flights as well as the hotel accomodation.
    Despite my 4 attempts to try to contact viagogo no one has responded to me.

Please assist if there is any other way I can contact viagogo and consider my complaint.
    I feel to be cheated by their service as they kept my money and no one even informed me of the lack of tickets when we could still change our plans.

Thank you and best regards
    Tags: None

Re: viagogo complaint

Have they not even refunded you the cost of the tickets?
    How much were they and how did you pay ?

Just having a look at their terms

1.3 viagogo Guarantee. When You purchase tickets on viagogo, viagogo guarantees that You will receive the tickets You paid for in time for the event. In the rare instance that a problem arises and the original ticket Seller does not provide You with the tickets listed for sale, viagogo will, in its sole and absolute discretion, review comparably priced tickets and offer You replacement tickets at no additional cost, or viagogo will issue You a refund for the cost of the tickets. "Comparably priced" replacement tickets are determined by viagogo in its sole and absolute discretion. When You sell tickets on viagogo, provided you provide the exact tickets listed for sale and the ticket Buyer successfully gains entry to the event, viagogo guarantees that you will be paid for your sale.

2.15 Claims under the viagogo Guarantee. If You receive tickets from the Seller that are not the tickets you ordered or tickets that are invalid and not honoured at the venue, we strongly advise you to Contact Us to report the issue. Issues must be reported within 14 days after receiving the tickets otherwise this will no longer be covered by the viagogo Guarantee. Should you experience problems with your tickets on the day of the event you must contact viagogo within 48 hours of the incident to report the issue. In certain circumstances, you may be required to complete a Dispute Claim Form and provide additional information in order to claim a refund. Forms must be returned to viagogo 5 working days after receiving them, in order to apply for a refund. viagogo reserves the right to prohibit anyone who brings a fraudulent claim from having further access to our website.

6.2 Waiver of Consequential Damages; Liability Limit. We expressly disclaim any responsibility for any lost profits or special, consequential, incidental, or exemplary damages (including without limitation indirect and special damages) that may result from the services, the site, or the suspension, termination or malfunction of the services or the site. Our liability to You or anyone else in any circumstance is limited to the lesser of (a) £200, and (b) the total value of all tickets and other items you bought and/or sold via the Site during the action allegedly giving rise to liability. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. Under no circumstances are We liable for any additional costs You incur if you purchase tickets from a third party for tickets you were unable to purchase on the Site.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Have they not even refunded you the cost of the tickets?
      How much were they and how did you pay ?

Just having a look at their terms
      I have been refunded in full for all tickets. However me and my friends paid for the fights and took days off work which some of us are not paid for.
      We were notified only 4 days before the event while most of us were in Poland already. Customer service was kept saying that tickets will still arrive.
      I am very unhappy with all service and the company itself. They kept my money since Dec2016 and the purchase status only changed on the day of the match to cancelled.
      Furthermore, I have not received any responses to my emails about the compensation claim for the costs we all paid due to this event.

Thank you!

Comment

Does you formal complaint made include a request for consequential loss/damages?

The waiver of liability for consequential loss could be deemed an unfair term, although they do state the exclusion doesn't apply in certain jurisdictions, of which the UK would be one.
        Originally posted by greylist
        A term which has the object or effect of inappropriately excluding or limiting the legal rights of the consumer in relation to the trader or another party in the event of total or partial non-performance or inadequate performance by the trader of any of the contractual obligations, including the option of offsetting a debt owed to the trader against any claim which the consumer may have against the trader.
        See page 75 for an 'explanation' from the CMA here - > http://www.propertymark.co.uk/media/...ract-terms.pdf Para 5.6.6

Also CRA 2015 - > http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ntents/enacted

Also have a read through https://www.businesscompanion.info/sites/default/files/The%20sale%20and%20resale%20of%20tickets_BIS_GUIDA NCE_SEP15.pdf

You probably want to find out exactly when the seller informed ( or viagogo discovered) that the tickets would not be provided.

Maybe a SAR to viagogo ( though their customer services is shockingly bad I doubt they give a hoot about the data protection act , but still worth a try )

Or if it was actually a decent seller who had to withdraw the tickets from sale, is there a way to contact them and ask them ? ( probably protected through the viagogo site ? is their a messaging option ? )
        (can you tell I've never used the site )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X