• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*Equita* Letters received for bus lane tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Equita* Letters received for bus lane tickets

Hi there, first time poster so please be gentle.

I recently received two letters from Equita dated 25th and 28th June 2017. These were sent to my old address, admittedly I should've changed my vehicle logbook quicker, but I didn't, and the new residents of my old address passed these two on to me. There may well have been other letters thrown away by the new residents.

The letters were identical and read as follows;
    To the above named respondent,

We write to you, the above named respondent as you have failed to pay a Warrant of Control, which was issued through the Traffic Enforcement Centre. We are authorised under 'The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013' to attend your address to execute the aforementioned order.

We have already issued the 'Notice of Enforcement' as prescribed in law. The account is now with our enforcement teams and they will be calling without further notice. We are instructed and authorised by law to seize your goods under the above regulations.

We suggest you contact our office immediately to prevent enforcement action taking place.
    --------
    Details of how to pay and of debt advice outlets were then provided.

I've called Equita and they're claiming approximately £400.

I've also called Leeds City Council as it seems all of this stems from an unpaid bus lane ticket (again, sent to old address) and they've said the matter was passed to Martsons, not Equita. Either way, Leeds City Council can't and won't do anything further with it for me.

Any advice please on where I stand and what I should/shouldn't do. I don't oppose the bus ticket and would happily pay that in full, but I'd obviously rather avoid paying an extra £300 for nothing!

Thanks people.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X