• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tree in garden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree in garden

Hello
    2 trees have fallen down in my garden due to the recent torrential rain and one has fallen on top of my gazebo. The gazebo is the type that has a metal frame with a canvas roof.
    As my landlord is responsible for the trees should he replace my gazebo?
    Tags: None

Re: Tree in garden

Not necessarily!

You would need to show the trees had not been maintained properly (i.e. were diseased, rotten, dead dying or decayed before they fell) and so your landlord had been negligent.
    If the trees were in good condition you should be making a claim under your insurance policy.

Comment

Thanks des8 yes they had both been diseased and were dead, which the LL knew about. I think that he has had a tree surgeon say to him that the trees were not going to fall down but that the branches would gradually fall off and the trunks remain.
      I know that LL won't have a problem sending some one to cut them up and take them away but I'm worried that he will try to get out of replacing my gazebo.

Comment

So request the landlord replaces your gazebo which has been damaged by his trees (which he knew were diseased) falling.
        No need to mention the weather conditions, as he might try and claim "Act of God", but we can deal with that if it arises

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X