• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrong car park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong car park

I have just received a parking fine from 'P SMART PARKING.
    The car was parked in what was thought to be an Asda car park. The space was right by Asda entrance. It appears it was a car park for Travel Lodge.
    It looks like one big car park for Asda but it appears part of it is for Travel Lodge.
    What do I do?
    Last edited by littlesally; 23rd July 2017, 16:36:PM. Reason: Remembered what happened
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!
    Tags: None

Re: Wrong car park

First of all remove all references to who was driving by editing your post. "The driver did this.....", "The driver did that". And remove the PCN number and bar code and Vehicle registration from the image.

From your posted up copy of the Notice to Keeper they do not appear to be claiming keeper liability under the Protection of Freedoms Act (POFA). Is that mentioned anywhere?

The area were the car was parked was probably subject to byelaws and SMART have realised that they cannot use POFA to hold the keeper liable, only the driver at the time, who they do not know, can be held liable so you don't tell them.

Simple bogoff appeal if there is no mention of POFA

I am the registered keeper of vehicle VRN xxxxxx and in receipt of parking charge number xxxxxx Your notice fails to comply with the requirements of POFA to hold me liable for the alleged charge. Indeed I have reasonable belief that byelaws apply at this location and therefore it is not relevant land for the purpose of POFA. Only the driver at the time can be held liable and I have no legal obligation to identify that person.

As there can be no liability I do not expect to hear from you again apart from confirming within 21 days that the charge has been cancelled and you have removed my details from your records. Please take this as a request under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to prevent further distress and harassment.

Comment

Thank you.
      Will try that letter.
      So annoyed as I'm a careful parker, look out for signs etc. This car park is right by Asda entrance ��
      P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
      life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
      Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Last post is hinting at driver again! You've got to be very careful the parking companies read forums and have been know to use them as evidence in court.

Comment

Yeah..... I've seen many cases where things like this happen. but do they really put that much effort in scenarios like this?

Comment

Yes maggystan, they do.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X