• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD Vs patrick78uk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD Vs patrick78uk

Received a claim? - Yes
    Issue Date: - 12th July 2017
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: - Yes
    Total Amount Claimed: - £1301.06
    Claimant’s Name: - Lowell Portfolio
    Solicitors Firm: - Lowell Solicitors Ltd
    Original Creditor: Capital One
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : - Credit Card
    Particulars of Claim: Please type out in full excluding names/account numbers:

1) The defendant entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with capital one under account ref ******************** ('the agreement')
    2)the defendant failed to maintainthe required payments and a default notice was served adn not complied with.
    3)the agreement was later assigned to the claiment on 20/06/2014 and notice given to the defendant
    4) despite repeated requests for payment the sum of £1065.80 remains due and outstanding
    And the claimant claims
    a) the said sum of £1065.80
    b) interest pursuant to s69 County courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.234 but limited to one year being £85.26
    c) costs

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?):
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR )

see below

Any Other Information or Background Details:

I just moved house recently and received a county court business centre pack with regards to the above. im not sure if it is statute barred as it was a while ago, in my last house lowell sent letters but i checked them out online and from the forums i read they seemed to be a company trying its luck, i cleared all my debts a few years ago but was sure this was already paid, i remember sending the cca request back in what must have been 2014 in my last house but they never got back to me and i thought that was it with them, now since moving i received this. i have sent he CCA and CPR today as i havnt kept hold of any stuff from 2014.

any help would be appriciated
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD Vs patrick78uk

ok, so just got home today and have a letter from lowell solicitors in the post

"notice of claim

dated 17.7.2017
    as you are aware we represent lowell portfolio 1 ltd

we have now issued leagal proceedings in the forma of county court claim which you will shortly recieve directly from northampton county court as you have failed to make payment towards this debt or responded to our letter of claim

principal debt 1065.80
    interest 85.26
    court fee 70.00
    solicitor costs £80.00
    total £1301.06

what you need to do now

call the team today on 01133353338 to discuss paying the outstanding balance. if you are unable to make this payment in full we can discuss the options for payment with you. we cannot help you to resolve this matter if you do not engage with us.

if you do not contact us or reply to teh county court claim within the time specified we may enter a county court judgment (ccj) against you which may remain on your credit file for 6 years and will make it difficult for you to obtain further credit

please call us on 0113 335 3338

lowelll solicitors limited"

Comment

Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD Vs patrick78uk

got home today and received the following letter from Lowell solicitors, i have typed out the details below.

thank you for your recent letter dated 20th july 2017

we can confirm that we have requested a copy of the agreement and the default notice from the original creditor, these will be forwarded to you upon receipt

the deed of assignment will not be sent to you as it is a confidential agreement between our client and the original creditor containing information to which you are not entitled to see. No other agreement / deed of novation exists between you and the client,

we note you have returned the acknowledgement of service in regards to the claim this provides 28 days from the service date of the claim, in this case being 17 july 2017 for you to file your response. please ensure you respond to the claim within the timefram specified

your account has been placed on hold and no further action will be taken until the documents have been recieved.

if you wish to speak with a member of the team please telephone us between 8.00am and 8.00pm monday to friday or between 8.00am and and 2pm saturday

lowell solicitors

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X