• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Coop energy bill unfairly climbed to £1200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coop energy bill unfairly climbed to £1200

Hello beagels,
    At the moment I am just trying to see if there is anyone at all to help us with this issue as it is a long story which I am myself and so are my housemates buffeled by.
    We have joined coop energy in 2014, they have established we won't be using more than £55 a month of gas and electricity. Great, money was coming out of our account everyone was happy.
    Then we started going over , coop never contacted us, even though is now claiming they sent a letter informing us that if we don't start paying the difference they will have to put us on an emergency tariff. We have never received this letter and our bill started to grow and grow.
    When we found out we got in touch and been told we were now using something over £70 for our G&E so we locked it and started paying that. We have spoken with them back and forth, talked to citizen bearau and asked them for our bills calculations etc as we still don't understand how could our bill grow to £1200 during 6 months period while still paying £55 a month and going over by merely £20 ! Never received a phone call. Never received a letter.
    The story is wee bit more complicated than this but we are lost in all the paperwork they sent us, their excel spreadsheet are designed in codes for only employers to understand.
    I am not sure how this works if I can share with you the paperwork they sent us? Aha...yes just found it.
    We are now in process of contacting the ombudsman and requesting all the bills with simple calculations from the company but are still looking for more explanations and help.
    Attached are letters written by my housemates who is the only one allowed to discuss this matter with them as she is the only one on the bill.excel spreadsheets, breakdown usage etc. I should be able to provide more information if needed hopefully.
    Thanking you already for all your help! Bee
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Coop energy bill unfairly climbed to £1200

hang on did they contact about under payments within 2 years??

- - - Updated - - -

Energy back-billing: Your rights | Ofgem

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/...electricity...energy.../energy-back-billing-your-rights

Comment

Re: Coop energy bill unfairly climbed to £1200

[QUOTE=MIKE770;739500]hang on did they contact about under payments within 2 years??

- - - Updated - - -

Energy back-billing: Your rights | Ofgem

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/...electricity...energy.../energy-back-billing-your-rights

So basically we were with them for a year, than they put us on an emergency tariff without our knowledge , after 6 months we found out, called them they locked us on £72 and so the bill of £1200 is for the 6 months of an emergency tariff. But no one told us they made those changes to our contract. They argument is that in their contract they say they can do so and also that they told us. Our argument is why after being on the lowest tariff for a year they didn't contact us to inform us so we didn't know until we received the enourmous bill .
      Dies this makes sense? In the attachments I sent all should properly explained in the cover letter. Thank you bee

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X