• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old train2game course, debt collectors letters. Disputed years ago?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old train2game course, debt collectors letters. Disputed years ago?

Hi,
    I hope I'm posting in the correct part of the forum as I'm unsure where it should go. This will possibly be a lengthy post.
    In about 2010 I signed up for a course through train2game, with a loan to pay for the fees by career development finance (pretty sure they're the same company, they're in the same building or were back then). I'll add here that I was majorly pressurised into the course by the people who came to my house to tell me about it. The guy rocked up, and told me that my situation (My partner is disabled and is/was on disability) was a joke, and if never feel good about myself unless I did the course. That I had no life prospects, and just spent over a hour telling me how rubbish my life was. He also said if I didn't sign up for the course then and there I might never be able to, despite me saying I needed time to think. He told me I would be able to cancel at any point and not owe the outstanding balance. I signed up, and started making the payments (which I couldn't even afford) of about £150 per month.
    A few months down the line (4/5) I suffered a loss of a family member and no longer wanted to continue the course and rang and told them who then said I still owed the rest of the money. I sent letters disputing this to them, with information about how I'd signed up, the guy pressurising me etc.. and they kept saying basically tough. I told them that I wanted the payments I had paid back with interest. Also around this point I discovered the qualification they give which he advised me would be taken highly in the industry and was backed by Riga (I think that's who it was?), was a lie. Nobody recognised the qualification, it wasn't as recognised as university qualifications and tiga didn't back it? I mentioned this and they stopped responding. Then my mother died and I completely lapsed on following it all up.
    Fast forward to this year, I've started recieving debt collectors letters about it, which I've responded it's barred now as been over 6 years, they informed me it's not as I spoke to them in 2011 but would get me more info and then sold the debt to somebody else who have also sent me a debt collectors letter.
    I want to know where I stand in this matter? Should I again pursue a refund from them for them mis-selling the course to me or has that ship sailed now?
    Any advice appreciated. Thanks so much.
    Tags: None

Re: Old train2game course, debt collectors letters. Disputed years ago?

Hi Roxyd

I'll ask [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] to take a look.

In the meantime do you know exactly when you made your last payment? And did you ever receive a default notice and if so when?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      Hi Roxyd

I'll ask [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] to take a look.

In the meantime do you know exactly when you made your last payment? And did you ever receive a default notice and if so when?
      I'd be guessing really, but I'd say latest date I would have made last payment by would have been Feb 2011. As far as I'm aware I never received a default notice, however I moved June that year.

Comment

Ok, have you had a notice of assignment from the current debt collectors and who are they?

Comment

Could you send a CCA request to CDF please - you'll need to include a £1 postal order or cheque

To: Suite 3/1 Skypark 3 14 Elliot Place Glasgow G3 8EP UNITED KINGDOM

Your name/s
          Your address
          Your postcode

Date

Claimant’s(Creditor’s) name
          Claimant’s(Creditor’s) address
          Claimant’s(Creditor’s) postcode

Dear Sirs,

Account Reference: XXXXXX
          Formal Request for a copy of the Credit Agreement

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.
          We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.
          We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.
          We look forward to hearing from you.
          Yours sincerely
          Your Signature
          Your Name

Encls.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry, change to single tense.

Also it would be useful to send them a SAR which should get you transaction lists and anything else they hold about you.

If we do those now then if these debt collection agencies decide to try court action first you'll be in a better position to defend on the stay barred basis.

I also think a SAR to Marlborough would be useful. http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/

Small investment now will hopefully help you later if they try to sue you for the balance or if you go after them for misselling.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Question too sorry - Did he visit you once or twice ? ( once to give you the hard sell then again to sign the credit agreement ? ) or do it all in one hit ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                Ok, have you had a notice of assignment from the current debt collectors and who are they?
                Just noticed it's not a new debt collectors it's the same ones ones I told it was barred, who said they would check into it and get back in touch with me. It's Cabot financial and the latest letter says:
                We have passed your account to Robinson way limited.
                As we've been unable to reach an agreement to repay your account, We have asked Robinsons Way Limited to manage your account for us.
                A letter from Robinsons Way Limited is included with this letter; they will help you set up an affordable payment plan which will help you become free of your account.

Included is a letter from Robinsons Way Limited which says:
                In relation to your unpaid account, we are authorised to negotiate repayment of the balance outstanding with you.
                If you do not pay or contact us it may mean further letters and calls, plus your ability to obtain further credit, including mortgages, may be affected.
                Please contact us to agree an affordable payment and sustainable payment plan based upon your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Question too sorry - Did he visit you once or twice ? ( once to give you the hard sell then again to sign the credit agreement ? ) or do it all in one hit ?
                  All in one go, he told me is loose my place if I didn't do it then and there. He got another guy to come mid way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxyd View Post
                    Just noticed it's not a new debt collectors it's the same ones ones I told it was barred, who said they would check into it and get back in touch with me. It's Cabot financial and the latest letter says:
                    We have passed your account to Robinson way limited.
                    As we've been unable to reach an agreement to repay your account, We have asked Robinsons Way Limited to manage your account for us.
                    A letter from Robinsons Way Limited is included with this letter; they will help you set up an affordable payment plan which will help you become free of your account.

Included is a letter from Robinsons Way Limited which says:
                    In relation to your unpaid account, we are authorised to negotiate repayment of the balance outstanding with you.
                    If you do not pay or contact us it may mean further letters and calls, plus your ability to obtain further credit, including mortgages, may be affected.
                    Please contact us to agree an affordable payment and sustainable payment plan based upon your personal circumstances.
                    Ah so Cabot likely have purchased it so you should send them ( Cabot not rob way as Cabot will own the debt) a CCA request too.

Think we're up to four letters and £22 plus stamps so far , sorry xxx Now really is the best time to gather all your info together.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Roxyd View Post
                      All in one go, he told me is loose my place if I didn't do it then and there. He got another guy to come mid way too.
                      Ahh interesting - did this other guy say he was from the finance co or Marlborough or just say nothing?

There's a thing where they could only get a credit agreement signed if they made two visits ... so wonder if this tag team approach gets them round that or not ....
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ahh interesting - did this other guy say he was from the finance co or Marlborough or just say nothing?

There's a thing where they could only get a credit agreement signed if they made two visits ... so wonder if this tag team approach gets them round that or not ....
                        He didn't say, just said "My collegue". Then they both proceeded to continue telling me how much my life sucked, how uncertain everything was, how I can't live that way forever and that I NEEDED to do the course.
                        Should I be sending all of the letters at once? So 1 CCA to CDF, one CCA to Cabot, and a SAR to CDF too?
                        Thanks for all your help!

Added: and a SAR to Marlbrough too? Slightly confused who Marlbrough are? �� think it's me being thick though

Comment

Lovely people aren't they - make me quite sick how they treat often quite young and vulnerable people How much was the course overall, and how much they actually chasing you for?

I know it seems a bit overload but it should give you ammo for later. And no need to talk to Rob way at all.

CCA to CDF
                          CCA to Cabot
                          SAR to Marlborough ( train2game)
                          SAR to CDF
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Lovely people aren't they - make me quite sick how they treat often quite young and vulnerable people How much was the course overall, and how much they actually chasing you for?

I know it seems a bit overload but it should give you ammo for later. And no need to talk to Rob way at all.

CCA to CDF
                            CCA to Cabot
                            SAR to Marlborough ( train2game)
                            SAR to CDF
                            Oh yeah they treat you lovely, I was 20 and pretty naive, and by the time they left I felt worthless as did my partner.
                            The course was £5000 I believe and they're chasing me for £3688. The best part is it was £150 a month payment and I was, at the time, getting £58 a week so it was ridiculous. I was selling things left right and centre to make the payments each month.
                            Ahh yes I get who Marlbrough are now, knew I was missing something. So with the SARS I need to send a postal order for £10 in each one?
                            Also the course work had spelling errors everywhere, and I was told I could do online like webinars which never actually happened! It was a disaster lol.
                            Thanks

Comment

Yip it was crap - Tiga should never have been involved in the first place but they just ditched and washed their hands of it so I have no respect for them either. And goodness only knows what city n guilds are doing allowing them to runcourses now.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X