• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Should I challenge Manchester city council with this parking ticket?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I challenge Manchester city council with this parking ticket?

I'm not quite sure if I am in the right or not but I was parked next to a construction site which blocked the double yellow sign on the street and I was issued a parking ticket, this is my first ticket and I am not sure if it's worth going through the trouble of challenging them or not, would highly appreciate anyone that can help me on this matter.

For reference, I was parked here:

Tags: None

Re: Should I challenge Manchester city council with this parking ticket?

Where there are double yellow lines there is no requirement for a separate sign.

The construction barriers do seem to have covered one of the lines, so seeing a single yellow you should have looked to see what restrictions applied.
    In looking IMO you would have noticed they were actually double yellow lines.
    At least I think that is how the powers will argue, and I doubt it is worth contesting it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X