• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Who do I report Misconduct in a Public Office to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do I report Misconduct in a Public Office to?

I have evidence that a 'Community Safety Officer' from Boston Borough Council has not only breached my confidentiality and trust by sharing confidential information with the perpetrators I reported for harassment (in the form of an e-mail from the CEO of the organisation I lodged the compliant about) but I believe has also advised them on how to circumvent the allegations levelled at them.
    In her report which I obtained under a Subject Access Request she has deliberately lied on numerous occasions, two of which I can prove, and portrayed me in an extremely prejudiced and defamatory way and has besmirched my name. I also have reason to believe she has Perverted the Course of Justice as local authorities are duty bound to forward hate crimes/incidents to the police which she failed to do, in addition to attempting to influence police officers that my complaints should be ignored as I am suffering from 'mental health issues' which I am not and have no history of.
    I voiced my concerns about her ineptitude and integrity to her department head after she blurted out the full name and place of work of someone I suspected of being involved in harassing me and was assured by her superior that my confidentiality would be completely secure.
    Such is her malicious and vindictive influence that Boston Borough Council became very hostile and even refused to address my complaints and insisted I contact the LGO directly. As the LGO rarely find for the complainant I wish to bring this awful woman to justice before she ruins anyone else's life.
    What is the procedure regrading Misconduct in a Public Office, should I report her to the police?
    Any advice gratefully received, thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Who do I report Misconduct in a Public Office to?

What about ICO re sharing of information?
    Tagging [MENTION=8136]outlawlgo[/MENTION] & [MENTION=15129]Crazy council[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      What about ICO re sharing of information?
      Tagging @outlawlgo & @Crazy council
      Yes that's another good angle to pursue, misuse of my data. Thanks!

Comment

Whether there's likely to be any good come of it is another matter, but the Council's Monitoring Officer appears to be the most appropriate person to raise concerns with.

http://www.boston.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=6318&p=0

The principal functions of the Monitoring Officer shall be:

(a) .....

(b) To investigate any matter which he/she has reason to believe may constitute, or where he/she has received an allegation that a matter may constitute, a reportable incident.....
        Theoretically, if the Monitoring Officer fails to investigate (or investigates improperly) you have the procedure set out under the heading (page 3) "Disciplinary Action for Chief Officers"

http://www.boston.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=6311&p=0

The relevant legislation is The Local Authorities (Standing Orders) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2015

Comment

http://www.boston.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4537

Comment

[MENTION=8136]outlawlgo[/MENTION] is spot on there.

Monitoring officer
            crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Many thanks to all. The LGO is currently investigating refusal of service and the defamatory statements listed in her file on me and I also brought this matter to the LGO's attention. This Safety Officer has deliberately lied on several occasions and Lincs Police has provided evidence to prove one malicious falsehood she made. I have lodged another complaint under breach of my data and will contact their Corporate Monitoring Officer. Very grateful for the invaluable advice, many thanks again!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X