• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT

I moved into a new wheelchair adapted bungalow and set up a 12month contract with BT for my tv, phone and broadband services. Serveral months later, after many phone calls, failed promises from BT , cancelled appointments from BT, I received my services. The phone line is ok but the tv is pixelating on all itv, 4 and 5 channels and the broadband is constantly buffering. To make matters worse I was quoted a price of £34 a month and they now say it's £61 but I have an email saying £34 and due to the months of false promises I was told I would get compensation and it was implied it would be the activation costs but no they are on my bill. Expecting a bill of £34 and no it's £151.60 and stunned. Can I get out of my contract as it's not fit for purpose and they knew I'm on a limited budget as I'm severally disabled on benefit. I started the contract on the 10th April but only received my services 30th May. Thank you for any advice as I need my broadband to work as it's my lifeline to the outside world.
    Tags: None

Re: BT

Goodness that is terrible service. Do you live in a particularly remote area? Have you looked into other service providers?

Have you made complaints about your channels not working and have they sent an engineer round to ensure everything is set up correctly?

Is the bill broken down so you can see how it is made up ? Looking at their site the cheapest package for phone, broadband and tv I can find is £33.49 a month, plus activation fee £60
    Home Hub delivery charge £9.99 and Book an engineer to do everything £49 takes the first months bill to £152.48, which scans with what you have been charged.

Did you add any extras ( BT Sport / Movies / weekend calls etc ) ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Goodness that is terrible service. Do you live in a particularly remote area? Have you looked into other service providers?

Have you made complaints about your channels not working and have they sent an engineer round to ensure everything is set up correctly?

Is the bill broken down so you can see how it is made up ? Looking at their site the cheapest package for phone, broadband and tv I can find is £33.49 a month, plus activation fee £60
      Home Hub delivery charge £9.99 and Book an engineer to do everything £49 takes the first months bill to £152.48, which scans with what you have been charged.

Did you add any extras ( BT Sport / Movies / weekend calls etc ) ?
      Hello,

No I live in Bootle, Merseyside and moved from a tiny village and had no issues there but with Sky then.No extra' sand promised a good deal because of the problems and already paid one bill of £45 and a engineer will be £130 and the service is not fit for use.

Comment

I presume that you have the BT You View TV box. The TV signal will be through your aerial so pixelation on normal terrestrial channels will be down to your aerial. Perhaps it needs moving/is the wrong type? If there is pixelation on iplayer and the other viewers selectable via the box then this is down to the speed of the internet connection. Check your speed at speedtest.net

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X