• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default notice

Does a Default notice Need to be signed to be compliant with the Default notices and termination regs ?.
    Tags: None

Re: Default notice

I am not sure but they do regularly reconstitute default notices for court

maybe [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] could help

Comment

Thanks Warwick for that input. In my case I never received a Default notice from the O.C. I was only made aware of a Default notice after Discovery letter.

I belive it fails on a number of issues not withstanding the fact that it misstates the arrears and the service date.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
      I am not sure but they do regularly reconstitute default notices for court

maybe @Diana M @Amethyst @charitynjw could help

Also I belive that mine has been reconstituted not by the original but by the debt purchaser.

Anyhow thanks for your response

Comment

I have just been looking back at my DN's - believe me I have a few and they seem to be signed. Others do fail, IMO on other points but I am hoping to remain out of court as a DN is always a bit of a judges lottery - for example in one case the judge ( i think) decided it was 'served' on the date on the letter.

I have recently had a claim against me where the DN has been reconstituted by the debt purchaser but I will keep quiet about that.

Comment

I can't see any requirement for the DN to be signed, though I guess if it was, that wouldn't be a problem.
          Provided, of course, that the signatory actually worked for the company at the relevant time.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks Guys. not too relevent as it fails on other issues Ie, service dates misstates arrears etc.

Just looking for another string to add to my bow cheers anyhow

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X