• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed Smarting Parking Birmingham have issued me with a PNC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed Smarting Parking Birmingham have issued me with a PNC

Hello

I am looking for some advice on how to fight against a Parking Charge Notice which was issued to me by SMART PARKING at Astle Park in West Bromwich. I was there on a Sunday (the car park was very quiet) and I had purchased my ticket from the pay and display machine for £1 for an hour. I returned back to my car In time, but was sat getting directions before I drove off the car park, to which the "SMART" carmeras have registered me leaving (even though I wasn't aware that you number plate was scanned at this car park) approx. 13 minutes after I still have my ticket which I put in the window of my car. I have never come across such non-sense in my life. The PNC is for £100, I feel this is completely unfair as it was a Sunday it was quiet and I was back at my car for the time on my ticket. I was not aware that this carmeras were on this car park

Please could any help with what I would need to do, as no way I am paying £100 for a £1 per hour parking to which I paid for my hour

Please Help

Thanks

Alex
    Last edited by HollywoodSixx13; 7th July 2017, 08:49:AM. Reason: spelling
    Tags: None

Re: Advice needed Smarting Parking Birmingham have issued me with a PNC

Hi Alex, welcome to LB.

Firstly, do not ID the driver.
    Second, could you post up the Notice to Keeper? (Obscure personal details, but leave dates visible). Also pictures of site signage.
    I'm guessing that you have not disputed this yet with the parking co.
    If you do so, respond as the registered keeper, not the driver at the relevant time.

Our @Kati can help if you have problems posting pics, etc.
    I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is
    kati@legalbeagles.info
    But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Notice to Keeper do you mean the letter I received though the post?

I do not have any photos of the sit signage as I received this letter 18 Days after the "incident"
      No I have not disputed anything yet as only informed yesterday

Thanks

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Hi Alex, welcome to LB.

Firstly, do not ID the driver.
      Second, could you post up the Notice to Keeper? (Obscure personal details, but leave dates visible). Also pictures of site signage.
      I'm guessing that you have not disputed this yet with the parking co.
      If you do so, respond as the registered keeper, not the driver at the relevant time.

Our @Kati can help if you have problems posting pics, etc.
      I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is
      kati@legalbeagles.info
      But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.

Comment

Yep.
        Usually the first postal notification of the heinous misdemeanour
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I have also go the ticket you put in your window

Hope this has attached

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Yep.
          Usually the first postal notification of the heinous misdemeanour
          Attached Files

Comment

Could you confirm the date of contravention & the date on the letter?
            (Not clear on the pic)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The Date of the contravention - 18/06/17
              Letter dated - 04/07/17

Comment

& just to confirm, this was via ANPR? (or similar).
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I didn't realise until getting this letter that this car park was an ANPR, just paid and displayed (which I have the ticket also)

Comment

(4)
                    The notice must be given by—

(a)
                    handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or

(b)
                    sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

(5)
                    The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

Sch 4, 9(4 & 5)
                    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So does this mean because it is it is outside the 14days notice period from them that its not enforceable?

Comment

Yep! (As long as you don't ID the driver.....if you do respond, do so as the registered keeper).
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So this could be done though the website via the appeals section? Or would it be better to do in a letter?
                          Last edited by HollywoodSixx13; 7th July 2017, 11:23:AM. Reason: additonal information

Comment

If it were me I'd either email them or send via land mail (with proof of posting).
                            But that's only because I don't like (or trust) those on-line response forms.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I think post is going to be my way as well, seems to have more of an impact than quickly doing it online. once i've finished it would you mind just making sure what I have said makes sense?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X