• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wirral Solicitor recommendation needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wirral Solicitor recommendation needed

Hi folks,

I wondered if anyone can recommend a Wirral based solicitor for clients with debt problems? In the past I have had advice from both CAB and Stepchange and whilst both have their merits I would prefer to speak to someone face to face.

TIA
    Tags: None

Re: Wirral Solicitor recommendation needed

Originally posted by Teflon View Post
    I wondered if anyone can recommend a Wirral based solicitor for clients with debt problems? In the past I have had advice from both CAB and Stepchange and whilst both have their merits I would prefer to speak to someone face to face.
    Have any of these debt problems reached the court claim stage requiring solicitor help, or are you looking for more general advice in order to hopefully prevent a claim?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      Have any of these debt problems reached the court claim stage requiring solicitor help, or are you looking for more general advice in order to hopefully prevent a claim?

Di
      Hi Di and thank you for the reply

I had an administration order in effect but recently had the payments suspended after further DEA's were attached to my salary. At the time of the suspension I asked the judge to consider a composition order (as advised by Stepchange) the judge indicated that he could not hear that until a "proper" request had been made and all parties informed etc. He also advised that I seek proper representation. Whilst CAB and Stepchange do good work I would feel happier talking to someone who knows the law face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by Teflon View Post
        I had an administration order in effect but recently had the payments suspended after further DEA's were attached to my salary. At the time of the suspension I asked the judge to consider a composition order (as advised by Stepchange) the judge indicated that he could not hear that until a "proper" request had been made and all parties informed etc. He also advised that I seek proper representation. Whilst CAB and Stepchange do good work I would feel happier talking to someone who knows the law face to face.
        If you want free face-to-face legal advice (as opposed to debt advice) then see if there is a LawWorks clinic near you.

This link may help you source one and see what kind of legal advice may be given (there are three listed for Liverpool/Wirral area) >

https://www.lawworks.org.uk/legal-ad...linic-near-you

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
          If you want free face-to-face legal advice (as opposed to debt advice) then see if there is a LawWorks clinic near you.

This link may help you source one and see what kind of legal advice may be given (there are three listed for Liverpool/Wirral area) >

https://www.lawworks.org.uk/legal-ad...linic-near-you

Di
          Thank you for your quick reply Di.

Your link had just one result for me (Searching within a 10 mile radius) Liverpool University Law clinic what others did your search list?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X