• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Being forced to sign contract to removed allowance from wages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being forced to sign contract to removed allowance from wages

Hi Folks, new hear and in need of some advise . I've worked for a large company for 12 years now and 2.5 years ago got asked to temporarily go over to a new part of the business to help out on the newly gained contract . I was currently working 10 years as a night worker . The new contract i was going to work on was a shift patern position with several shifts but I was told I could keep my same night shift patern and same 5 day week. On this new position they paided a night shift allowance which I had never had previously and did not get at the start . After being on this new position for around 3 months i soon started out working most of the guys already there so they offered me the night shift allowance for my nights shifts due to my high level of work . ( there was nothing signed to make this official ). I have now been receiving this extra money every month for over 2.5 years with no issues until last week they told me this had to end by way of me signing a new contact that states this has ended in the deal . This will loose me 800 pounds per month . The whole time I've been on this new role I've been on the old contract with the previous position that does not offer this allowance They are telling me that unless I sign this new contract , they will put me back on the old position I'm still contracted to were the extra money isn't available, but they have offered me a fraction of the allowance if I sign onto the new contract . Just wondering if in some way in entitled to keep the allowance they have been paying me for 2.5 years and the position if I choose to do so?? They seem keen on making me sign it away and I'm wondering why they simply don't just take it back seeing as it was never part of my original contract . Only have a few day to decide but feel I'm missing a chance to keep what I've had for so long .
    Cheers nebe R
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X