• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

smart parking ltd. returning to car park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart parking ltd. returning to car park

any advice would be greatful (excuse my grammar english is not my best subject)
    In may i went away for a week and used the same car park all week as my wife is disabled and needed something close to where the entertainment was. We paid for the full day until 11pm as stated on the board but each day we left for tea and returned to the same car park later, thinking it was fine to do so as we had paid for all day parking however a week later day after day we received parking charge notices. We have already appealed as we have the tickets still stating that we paid until 11pm but they have come back to us saying that every time we leave we enter into a new contract and therefore have to pay again. they have shown us no proof of this contract and cannot find a copy online anywhere. Is this right can they do this and is it worth fighting?
    thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: smart parking ltd. returning to car park

It is worth fighting. Since you were away from home the chances of you having photographs of the signs is probably zero. However give us a link to the location on Google maps and perhaps the signs can be read. If the signs do not mention anything about a new contract every time you reenter then they are just trying it on. Your contract with them was to be allowed to park until 11 PM.

Giving the location may get some kind heart that lives nearby to offer to go along and take photos of the signs.

Comment

i was on your mind track and already asked the locals on a facebook site if they could snap a pic for me and some kind hearted person has done.
      i'm new to this site but hopefully there should be a file attached of the terms and conditions from that car park
      thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

I couldn't see a condition about no return, unless it's on the other sign.

So you write to Smart, as the keeper, and state that you are confused about the the statement about no return and then ask where in their terms does it state that there is no return permitted during the period of paid for parking as you had a contract with them for parking until 11:00 pm

Luckily Smart do not like awkward customers and tend to discontinue if you chase them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X