• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors/Capquest Investments vs ecalid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons Continued...

Shop D should not ignore your SAR just because you omitted to include the fee. They should write to you to ask for their fee (if they require one.....some firms do not) plus any further details they may need to ID you.

As [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] has stated, sometimes threads can go under the radar.
    You can either 'bump' your thread if that happens, or you can 'tag' people by putting a @ immediately in front of their username.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Kati View Post
      your defence is due 33 days after the issue date on the claim form (SEE HERE to check)
      I am assuming I can type my defence into the dialogue box on the moneyclaim website??

- - - Updated - - -

Also am I right in thinking that should I recieve no corrospondance from either of the firms then my defence shall be on lack of paperwork to lawfully defend myself??

Comment

Hello again, so I have attempted to log into my account on the moneyclaim website to input a mock defence but it does not appear to know my details so a phonecall will be being made tomorrow.

I would like somebody to peruse through it and tell me if I have gone wrong anywhere.

I still have had no documents from any of the requests I have sent out.

1: I received the claim xxxxxx from the Northampton County Court on 23/06/17.

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim appears to be for a Loan agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from Shop Direct to Capquest Investments Limited on or around 21/11/14. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

6. It is denied that Shop Direct served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

7: On the 03/07/17 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Restons Solicitors Limited. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement and Assignment Notices.

8. Restons Solicitors Limited has not sent any of these documents to me.

9. On the 29/06/17 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Capquest Investments Limited pursuant to section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

10. The Claimant has failed to comply with s77 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s77 (4) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

11. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

12. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

13. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

14. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed ecalid

Dated x

Thank you.

Comment

Hi
          Something I found out was the claim no and the password on the claim form are only needed the first time you login. After that it is you giving gateway number and password then scroll down until you see your claim. Click on that.

Comment

WS it a loan or was it revolving credit with a credit limit?

That depends on if it is s77 or s78

Complicated I know.

Do you recall having credit,

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
              WS it a loan or was it revolving credit with a credit limit?

That depends on if it is s77 or s78

Complicated I know.

Do you recall having credit,
              It was a catalogue that was done online if that helps. I think there was a limit but this kept going up every few months or so
              Last edited by ecalid; 24th July 2017, 16:24:PM.

Comment

Is the gateway number the MCOL thing??? I eventually managed to get into the account using some details but it wanted me to register the claim or start a new claim. I had my claims form back with intend to defend in full but i was under the impression i could then put my defence in online?? Even after attemping to register the claim it wouldnt let me using the claim number and my new password.

I've rang the courts and they suggested to email me the defence form and email it back although I have little faith in his approach, especially considering that thr phonecall was made 3 hours ago and they still havent sent me the email.

Im stuck and beginning to panic :/
                Last edited by ecalid; 24th July 2017, 12:11:PM.

Comment

FYI, the defense pack password and claim no. will not work to "Respond to a claim made against you"

But surely I have already acknowledged the claim by posting off the N9 response pack. Is it possible that the court has messed up and not actually acknowledged my response?????

Comment

WHEEEYYYY!! I managed to get it to work in the end...

Right so guys please help me with my defense, I need to know if it is appropriate so that I can submit the defense.

1: I received the claim xxxx from the Northampton County Court on 23/06/17.

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim appears to be for a Credit agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from Shop Direct to Capquest Investments Limited on or around 21/11/14. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

6. It is denied that Shop Direct served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

7: On the 03/07/17 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimant’s statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Restons Solicitors Limited. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Agreement and Assignment Notices.

9. On the 29/06/17 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Capquest Investments Limited pursuant to section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

10. The Claimant has failed to comply with s77 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s77 (4) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

11. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

12. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

13. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

14. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

Signed xx

Dated 25/07/17

Comment

double post

Comment

Switched you from 77 ( loan ) to 78 ( running credit ie. catalogue account ) - otherwise it's absolutely fine. Not much you can put without any docs being provided.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        1: I received the claim xxxx from the Northampton County Court on 23/06/17.

3: This claim appears to be for a Credit agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

9. On the 29/06/17 I sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Capquest Investments Limited pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

10. The Claimant has failed to comply with s78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

11. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore it is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

Statement of Truth

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok thank you so much

Comment

How long ago was it you sent the SAR.

This has the potential to provide some very useful info.

Have you sent a part 18 request off asking for the deed of assignment?

Comment

Yes the sar and cca was sent on the 28th ish. And the cpr on the 3rd all addressed from my current address.

Comment

June?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X