• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help! Served with Civil Bill in relation to Credit card DCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Served with Civil Bill in relation to Credit card DCA

I recently joined to read posts similar to my situation but now I really need advice.
    I am in Northern Ireland. I have received a Civil Bill issued 32 days before I received it. I don't know if the 21 days in which to defend it starts from the day it was issued or when I received it which was last Wednesday.
    This is from the solicitors representing PRA Group.
    I got free advice from a local solicitor and I came out in a worse state than when I went in. I just wanted to know what I could do and how to go bout getting and sending off From 42 and if I should ask PRA for an original CCA. I was told there was no point in that as I signed it in the first place and what was it exactly I thought I would be defending. Said I could defend which would prob add costs of £2500 or ignore it or he would write a good letter at a to explain I couldn't pay it but that would more than likely cause a string of letters which would add on more money.
    I then contacted a debt charity for help and they asked me why would I defend it when it was my debt. They said next step would be an Enforcment Order and that the civil bill is a money judgment. They said they would help me do my I&E and that I had to accept the civil bill

I defaulted on the credit card in April 2013 as I wasn't in a position to,pay it.
    I am so sick with worry. I don't know which way to turn. I am so confused as from reading related posts on this forum defence it the thing to do.
    I would value some expert help and advice.
    Thankyou in advance.
    Last edited by Tinkertinker; 27th June 2017, 16:46:PM. Reason: Posted in wrong place
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X