• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not happy with Doctor's Surgery Over Thyroid Treatment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not happy with Doctor's Surgery Over Thyroid Treatment

I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid back in the year 2000 in a routine blood test.

I'm now currently on 150 mcg of levothyroxine, and am not happy.

I am still having symptoms to include hair loss, intolerances to heat and cold, problems loosing weight, fast heart rate, and I bruise easily.

My recent blood results have come back that my tsh is 0.3 and t4 was 14.

I have been told that my t4 is too high and tsh too low, and that I could either be actually an over active thyroid or over medicated.

My gp constantly refuses to either increase or decrease my levo, refuses to test me for t3 and thyroid antibodies, which is also needed along with the T4 and TSH testing.

However, I am always complaining to my gp I don't feel well, and have often asked about switching over from levo to a natural dessicated thyroid, but they refuse to listen to my concerns.

Does anyone on here think I may have a claim for medical negligence over how my thyroid is being treated?
    Tags: None

Re: Not happy with Doctor's Surgery Over Thyroid Treatment

Sorry to hear you have been feeling so rotten.
    If they say that the current medication and/or dose is not causing your symptoms then ask them what is. Now one thing doctors hate is someone saying I want this or that test however this is about your body and wellbeing. If you are not happy with your current doctor and you do not feel they are giving you a satisfactory level of care then you have a choice; either ask to see another doctor at the same practice or move to a different one. This is your right. Contrary to what people think the NHS and Primary care is NOT a free service -it is funded by public money so you do have a right to choose.
    To be honest I would be more inclined to focus on getting yourself sorted rather that considering any legal fight against your GP. If another doctor did find that negligence or wrongly administered medication was responsible for your symptoms then you could think about your next step once you were feeling well but unless long term health issues were the result of negligence the struggle might cause more issues then it would solve.
    Try another doctor and try and stay calm. Just ask their opinion i.e. is my current medication causing this and what do they think is causing these problems.
    Oh, by the way…. NEVER, EVER be tempted to look up your symptoms on the internet, especially in the middle of the night as you might get frightened to death!
    Good luck

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Sorry to hear that, hope you are ok now. I struggled with the same problem 2 years ago. I think you should go to another doctor if this one doesn't listen to you and your complaints. This is not ok at all. You should do more analysis to understand what to do next and how to take the best treatment. When I had this problem I was also training in the gym and everything I did I agreed with my GP at once. When I told him I feel weak and so on he said to me to drink more matcha or take some nootropics. I searched for some info about them and found an article on Docarzt, It really helped me.
      Last edited by AdamRichell; 31st March 2020, 15:04:PM.

Comment

I also suffer with*
        Thyroid, in fact most of the family also, my youngest brother over 3 years to get it right,as advised get a second opnion, it cost nothing. Last of all Dont even think of suing the Doctor, long road to nothing.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X