• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Joint tenants entitlement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint tenants entitlement

Marital home bought for 38k 2005. Husband passed away 2007. One child.
    Met new partner 2008 and we decided to buy our own home in 2009. Partner wanted to keep my marital home so remortgaged on a buy to let mortgage. Released equity of 4k. He has paid nothing towards the property. Property rented from 2010-may 2017. Rent paid into his account and mortgage paid from his account. The property paid for itself. He refused to set up a joint account in both our names. Separated in 2014. He has withheld all rental profit from me. On average £150 per month after mortgage paid.
    As we are joint tenants he is entitled to a 50/50 share? What if I can prove he has contributed nothing as any repairs were paid from the rental profit?
    The tenants moved out in may and he is now asking me for half of the mortgage payments and any repairs (ITs been left in an awful state) my solicitor has advised me that he can take it out of my share of the rental profit he has withheld.
    my ex has a contact order in place for my daughter as he is classed as a psychological parent as we lived together for 4yrs but as he is not biological he does not have to support her financially. So he doesn't.
    Any advice would be greatly received
    Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X