• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council tax court date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council tax court date

I am in arrears with my council tax, I had missed one month and now they are requesting the full amount . Obviously, this then followed through with a letter asking me to attend a court hearing. Only problem is, I received this letter two days after the actual court hearing? There is no way to prove that I has received it on this date as it was dated for about 3 weeks ago. Now I'm not sure what to do as I wasn't given the opportunity to represent myself nor can I prove that I has received the letter two days after the court hearing was supposed to happen?

Manu thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Council tax court date

Originally posted by Mrtea View Post
    I am in arrears with my council tax, I had missed one month and now they are requesting the full amount . Obviously, this then followed through with a letter asking me to attend a court hearing. Only problem is, I received this letter two days after the actual court hearing? There is no way to prove that I has received it on this date as it was dated for about 3 weeks ago. Now I'm not sure what to do as I wasn't given the opportunity to represent myself nor can I prove that I has received the letter two days after the court hearing was supposed to happen?

Manu thanks
    You can ask the court if they'll re-hear the case, they do have the powers to re-open a case in some instances.

What are the grounds you were going to dispute the case on ? (the grounds are very limited)

Craig

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X