• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Monetary Judgement threat. ( M&S IDEM Compass Abbey Solicitors )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monetary Judgement threat. ( M&S IDEM Compass Abbey Solicitors )

It might help if others could see the redacted copy of the CCA request.

If the account was opened pre April 2007 then the lack of prescribed terms on the agreement would render it incorrectly executed wouldn't it.

Even if at first light they appear to be there , they might nor be correct
    [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] ( I'll tag you correctly :-) )

Is this thread about the debt and the possibility of a claim or about being fleeced by scum?- I can contribute to one but not the other

Comment

I'll post it with the terms later on, am out on phone at the mo so editing docs is a wee bit tricky ( and tagging apparently lol ) Just thought others might know of any specific issue with money&s'more generally.

Thank for fixing tag xx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It's both entwined ATM ..... we'll have a split once anything major starts happening ( if it does)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I vaguely remember getting letters of IDEM in the dim and distant past - really can't remember who they were part of at the time

Just looked them up - they are part of a shower that acted for Brittanica Recoveries S.à.r.l

They were a right pain in the backside

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            It's both entwined ATM ..... we'll have a split once anything major starts happening ( if it does)
            Thanks

At a rough guess I would say that may be why the account was declared UE although the date of the account is important and if there is a signature on it

Yes I know how hard the mobile site is to work- many a cock up myself

Luckily no claim has been issued or even threatened
            [MENTION=103489]Reverandbill[/MENTION] if I had money for each letter I had making vague threats about legal action i would be a rich man. To date, in 5 years + of not paying , only one claim and several accounts closed/no longer being chased ( touch wood)

Comment

Ahh now I can zoom in better, it does refer to terms under the PPI section...

Dated 2004

They've sent terms from 2004 and 2013 ( will sort in a min )
              Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

This one has Oct 2013 date on
                Attached Files
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

This one says RESTRICTED where the date might have been, the default charges are £12 which indicates that it is post 2006 ? so presumably goes with the previous summary and is 2013.
                  Attached Files
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

This one has £15 default charges. Presumably meant to go with the agreement signature page and for 2004. Clauses 8 and 16 are referring to the PPI ( as mentioned on the front page ).
                    Attached Files
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst
                      I am struggling to read some of them , depends how clear they are on the originals sent

I wonder if the restricted was because the account was in default but seems odd to me

I am at home tomorrow but have a pressing matter to deal with, I will try to look at them on a higher resolution screen - I'm not an expert but we will see.

Comment

They look better in originals I'll have another go tmw - had to reduce file size to upload but think I went too far looking at them now. Thanks for looking them over xx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Good evening Amethyst.
                          In answer to your question looking at the Idem statement from the beginning date 24/10/2009 this would of been the 1st payment that they received from Compass after taking over the debt collection from M&S and all future payments where made by Compass to Idem until 04/01/2016 when Compass folded. No further payments have been made to Idem.
                          Prior to the first payment dated 24/10/2009 all payments had been made to M&S by Compass with a start date in February 2009. I hope this clears things up.

Yours Sincerely
                          Reverandbill.

Comment

Ahh okay cool. Seems Compass started having 'problems' when they made those cheque payments as everything goes a bit haphazard payment date wise from there, they do seem to have made the right amount of payments ( only about 5/6 missed fully over the whole period - but that's still £80/£100 Compass just took so things like that should be added onto the claim (if there were any point )) Cross that pattern over all ( 1700+) clients debt payments ( say 5/6 each client?) and it adds up to a large amount of money.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst, any suggestions on what we have been discussing only I'm due to speak to Idem next week and maybe enter into a DMP with them if the CCA information involving my credit agreement with M&S is all correct.

Kind Regards
                              Reverandbill

Comment

Sadly Rev they do all look right and enforceable. The prescribed terms are all present and it's a copy of the original form, plus they have provided terms at start and at end of account. You could look at requesting the Notice of Assignment and Default Notice before negotiating payment terms just to be certain the debt has been transferred correctly - they should be included in the SAR response.

Obviously we have no chance of it being stat barred anytime soon as you paid via Compass in 2016.

Your previous payments were around £16 a month. It isn't getting you very far with regards getting this paid off, although it is keeping you from receiving a county court claim at the moment. Whether IDEM will accept payments at that level I don't know, you are likely to have to do your income and expenditure - when you do it, include all of those debts that you have - and sort out a proportional amount to offer .... completely ignore the ridiculous list that Abbey sent you.

Did you already ( or Compass / RMR ) reclaim the PPI element ?

We should then work through that list and check where you are with everything. You stopped any payments when you went with Abbey I believe ? So you can either sit and wait for contact to start up from each creditor, then go through the CCA / SAR process, with a view to either telling them to bog off or putting them back in your self managed DMP.

How is your credit file looking currently ?

We will get back to the Abbey issue soon as we get that file.... must have been 2 weeks since we asked for it ?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X