• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Monetary Judgement threat. ( M&S IDEM Compass Abbey Solicitors )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Monetary Judgement threat.

Good morning [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]
    In answer to your question i honestly can't remember for sure how i applied for the card because it was such a long time ago, but the likely hood of me applying for it in store i would say would be slim and unfortunately i do not have the original paperwork.

Kind Regards
    Reverandbill

Comment

In which case send a Subject Access Request to Marks & Spencers to get the full history of the account.

Your SAR response should also include any dealings they (M&S) had with Abbey solicitors and/or Compass if you gave them your written authority to act on your behalf.

Have you paid Abbey solicitors all the money which they have billed you for? If not they may place a lien on your file and refuse to release it.

Di

Comment

Let me know as soon as you hear back from Abbey won't you. I've been trying to find out how other people have got on and no one seems to have got their file back yet so fully expect them to refuse to begin with.

No further payments have been made to Idem under the instruction of Abbey solicitors when i became their client back in February 2016
        That is akin to Debt Management in my view ( and insanely reminiscent of Cartel Client Review) Did they put this in writing to you at all ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post

Have you paid Abbey solicitors all the money which they have billed you for? If not they may place a lien on your file and refuse to release it.

Di
          It was a "fixed fee" arrangement. Basically Abbey's clients paid them the same as they'd been paying into their DMP ( be it £100, £200 or £600 a month ) for 12 months . As far as I am aware Reverendbill made all those 12 payments.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Dear [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION], thank you for your continued support.
            In answer to your question have i paid Abbey, i was paying them £200 a month to address all my creditors and to complete their work for me. This was the agreement i had with them for 12 months to which i paid in full over that period of time.
            Abbey's work continued after the agreed payment time but they have now ceased this and have lettered me their advice in regards to their findings, a photo copy of this has been sent to [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION].
            I have sent Abbey a letter requesting a copy of my files and am awaiting them. I have also sent idem servicing a CCA request letter so will know more about my account when i get this back.
            I will look into a SAR to M&S once i get back the CCA if this would be the correct thing to do.

Yours Sincerely
            Reverandbill

Comment

Dear [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] thank you.
              A letter was sent today to idem servicing which was for recorded delivery and a letter was also sent to Abbey today. I won't be holding my breath on a quick response from Abbey though.
              As soon as i get replies i will post or email admin at LB.

Kind regards
              Reverandbill

Comment

Perfect. See what comes back then, we might want to start a separate thread (in VIP) for the Abbey stuff at that point, and keep this thread for IDEM.

Your support of LB is appreciated very much
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Reverandbill View Post
                  Dear @Diana M, thank you for your continued support.

. . . Abbey's work continued after the agreed payment time but they have now ceased this and have lettered me their advice in regards to their findings, a photo copy of this has been sent to @Amethyst.
                  I have sent Abbey a letter requesting a copy of my files and am awaiting them. I have also sent idem servicing a CCA request letter so will know more about my account when i get this back.
                  I will look into a SAR to M&S once i get back the CCA if this would be the correct thing to do.
                  Was there anything in Abbey's final advice which relates to this Idem debt?

I would send the SAR to M&S now - don't wait for any response to your s. 77-79 CCA Request. One of the objectives of a SAR is to see whether any documents produced by a debt purchaser tally with the information held by the Original Creditor. Some recons can be most creative

The SAR may also have a secondary purpose if it reveals any information relating to Abbey Solicitors.

Di

Comment

Hi Amethyst, i received back a letter from Idem 15/07/2017. With the letter they included a copy of the executed credit agreement, a copy of the terms and conditions and a statement of my account with them but not a statement of payments previous payments to M&S through compass.
                    It looks to me that Idem are quite in their rights to request payments from me for my M&S account. Before i attempt a set up plan with them is there anything in my letter that you would like to look over to see if everything is in order before i do this.

Yours Sincerely
                    Reverandbill

ps, i have still not received a copy of the work that Abbey has done for me. I will give them another week before i send another letter requesting the files.

Comment

Thanks Reverand I'm really really interested in what Abbey have actually done. It seems they aren't the only company who have been taking advantage of peoples vulnerability after the failure ( or even before !) of debt management companies, and seems this 'write off unenforceable debt' scam is back on the rise.

Any chance you can upload a copy of the M&S agreement ( your personal detaisl removed of course) - may as well check it over before you get into before considering an offer / payment plan. Any default notice or notice of assignment included at all ?

Did you send a SAR to them or M&S at all to get transaction lists ( I'm not sure if compass were paying M&S directly or if it had already gone to IDEM when you started at compass )

Also, you know Abbey told you to stop payments to your creditors .... I would guess they did this on the phone rather than in any kind of letter / email etc ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: Monetary Judgement threat. ( M&S IDEM Compass Abbey Solicitors )

Good afternoon Amethyst.
                        I have sent 2 emails to you for your attention.

Kind regards
                        Reverandbill

Comment

Thanks Rev xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hmmm... we'll the agreement looks okay apart from the lack of prescribed terms - normally you'd expect there to be some reference to attached/ overleaf terms on that signature page ( to satisfy the 'four corners' rule ) but there's nothing - Can you email me the terms you got too pls.

[MENTION=551]pt2537[/MENTION] [MENTION=45315]Diane[/MENTION] M; Any issues you know of with Money & More m&s agreements re prescribed terms? ( 2004 )
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Terms & Conditions to be emailed very soon.

Comment

Thank you

Looking at the statement list, it looks like the payments made ( presumably via Compass over that period ?) were made pretty regularly, only about 4/5 months missed, and the interest was frozen so that's a positive - the balance has actually come down - did you take over making payments April 2014 to Jan 2016 ? And was that Jan 16 the last payment you made ?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X