• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VW Financial Services and insurance company - total loss following accident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Financial Services and insurance company - total loss following accident

So ......
    I have a vehicle on contract hire from Volkswagen Financial services and am just about 12 months in to a 36 month contract (3+35). Vehicle was new at outset.
    I am a private individual not a company so assume the consumer credit act applies

It was written off in an accident by a third party (100% their fault - they drove into the back of a parked car !)

As expected insurance company and VWFS have discussed matters and the insurance company have told me they are sending VWFS approx £4K as thats what they asked for.
    Now £4K is well below the market value for the vehicle (it was only 11 months old). However insurance company aren't going to send more than they have been asked for.

Checking the T&Cs the approx £4K seems to equate to all the rentals (less the VAT) less rentals paid (less the VAT) which is the amount payable in section 8.2 of the contract hire agreement which refers to termination of the contract. I assume the contract is terminated when a total loss occurs.

However other T&Cs refer to always having the vehicle insured for its full value and all the money I get from an insurance claim going to VWFS.

So if the insurance company, who have checked the figure with VWFS, close the case after paying up am I liable to VWFS for more in the future when they realise ? I am worried that insurance company haven't paid out for the full value of the vehicle when thats what they are responsible for.

Any others had experience of total loss / vehicle write off's ?
    I am also asking the insurance company how I can recover some of the contract hire deposit I paid for a 36month contract when I've only had the benefit of 12 months

THanks
    Tags: None

Re: VW Financial Services and insurance company - total loss following accident

Do you have gap insurance?if so time to make a claim.

Comment

Re: VW Financial Services and insurance company - total loss following accident

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
      Do you have gap insurance?if so time to make a claim.
      No GAP insurance !
      However at the moment it seems that VWFS want less than the vehicle is worth so I hope I wont need insurance I dont have

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X