• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Windscreen ticket POFA and Notice to Keeper queries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen ticket POFA and Notice to Keeper queries

A driver received a windscreen ticket on my car for not displaying a valid pay and display ticket. I appealed as the registered keeper and haven't yet received a Notice to Keeper but it's within the 28-59 day time period so I'm expecting one and I only received the appeal rejection this week.

I'm getting POPLA appeal points together but I'm confused about the POFA regulations and the requirement for the Notice to Driver to include the period parked. Does this apply when windscreen tickets are issued and there is no free parking period allowed?

The sign says ANPR is used (it doesn't say what for) but the photos they sent with the appeal rejection clearly show the person holding the camera in the reflection so they aren't ANPR photos.

Also, the 28 day limit for the POPLA appeal runs out before the time limit for them sending the Notice to Keeper. Should I wait until the last minute or appeal before the Notice to Keeper is recieved?
    Tags: None

Re: Windscreen ticket POFA and Notice to Keeper queries

Hi Resta, welcome to LB.
    ....but it's within the 28-59 day time period.....
    29-56 days
    Not sure exactly what you mean by "no free parking allowed".
    It would probably be a good idea to post up a photo of the site sign.

ANPR cameras can be hand-held.
    In any case, if you've received a windscreen ticket, that is your Notice to Driver.
    If unpaid, the Notice to Keeper should be served within 29-56 days.
    If you have appealed via the parking co & been rejected, they should inform you of the POPLA/IAS route.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Ah ok, I think of entrance and exit cameras as being ANPR.

I have a POPLA code.

So the Notice to Keeper should arrive before the POPLA time limit is up - should I wait to see if it arrives before submitting the appeal?

The period parked isn't there, I suspect because they aren't monitoring when cars enter and exit the car park as it is a parking attendant issuing tickets when they do their rounds and spot a car they perceive to be committing some offence. Are they still supposed to give the period parked in this case?

I will try and post pics of the sign, Notice to Driver and appeal rejection.

Comment

The sign.
        Last edited by Resta; 24th June 2017, 20:39:PM.

Comment

Ok

Btw, I'm guessing you have not revealed the identity of the driver to the parking co?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Notice to Driver and Appeal Rejection with photos - there is another page with just a signature on it and one more photo of the PCN on the windscreen.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't revealed the driver.
            Last edited by Resta; 24th June 2017, 20:38:PM.

Comment

Are they the only pictures shown (presumably) on the website?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The pictures of my car were printed in the appeal rejection letter. There is one more with just the PCN in the windscreen which I've attached now - I thought I could only upload 5 images. There is a second page to the letter with just 'Yours sincerely, The appeals department' and a signature too.

The picture of the sign was taken by me a week or so later.
                Last edited by Resta; 24th June 2017, 20:36:PM.

Comment

What's the difference between your POPLA last date and day 56?

Comment

One day. 17th July for the NTK and 18th July for POPLA.

Comment

So you write your POPLA appeal as the keeper and get it in on the 17th using email, noting that no valid Notice to Keeper has been received and therefore there can be no keeper liability. When the PPC receive their copy of your appeal then they would not be able to get a NTK to you within the required time. It is rumoured that POPLA appeals are accepted for a couple of days more but I wouldn't want to push it.

Comment

Thank you - that would be the best outcome.

Assuming they do send a NTK in the meantime, I'm still getting other points together, so do they need to state the period parked to comply with POFA in this scenario?

Comment

The NTK has to contain the period of parking. Indeed the NTK has to agree with details on the NTD.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X