• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fitness First Contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness First Contract

Hi there,

I really hope someone can help me. I've received a letter from a debt collector from Fitness First.
    I was initially given a tour and told the gym was never as busy. I shared a pool lane with 2 other people both times I went.
    Having worked at Fitness First - I know that in order to grant someone a free month you have to put a note on the system for the receptionist to allow access to that "member" because their membership doesn't actually start until the next month and the system won't 'buzz' them in. Knowing this I took my two sessions. Both times my anxiety sky rocketed, so I decided it wasn't for me. I emailed requesting for my membership to be cancelled and they said I was outside of the cooling off period. This really confused me. I tried to explain my reasons behind trying to cancel. I was told I could only cancel if I had lost my job or sustained serious injury. I asked them what their policy was regarding mental health. I was told to have a medical pack signed by my therapist. He was unable to do so as the form required some form of hospital stamp. I have been battling with them for about a week after that when I received a letter stating in BIG, BOLD, red writing that I owed £872.00. They're robbing me blind - I can't afford to pay that!

Does anyone have any advice please?
    Tags: None

Re: Fitness First Contract

Hi and Welcome
    I note that FF terms and conditions state in relation to medical conditions they require "to receive documents as proof".
    They do not specify which documents, so have your therapist (with recognised qualifications I hope) write his own document confirming your condition.
    When they object, point out their T&Cs do not specify the documentation, and so by not accepting your documentation they are in breach of contract.
    They won't accept this, and will continue to chase you, even resorting to debt collectors (whom you ignore).
    They might even threaten court, but are most unlikely to go down that road as it will cost them more in solicitor's fees than they could recover even if they were somehow to win.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X