• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Internal Transfer at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Internal Transfer at work

OK, here's what I've come up with so far. You need to fill in the equipment part and we can add more later.

Please accept this as a formal Grievance.

Disability.
    The Company knows that I have Hypermobility and that it is a disability. You have Occupational Health reports stating that I score 6-7 on their 'needs help' form, photos of my hands, a sketch of how my hands work, sick notes etc.

Equipment.
    The Company has promised to provide the following equipment in order to significantly reduce the amount of pain and aggravation of other symptoms that I suffer.
    1. Special mouse??? (You need to fill these in.)
    2. Different keyboard???
    3.???

I have been raising that it hasn't been provided and that I really need it (sometimes in tears) at least once a month, and each time I'm assured that something will be done, but so far nothing has been done about it.

I don't understand why not. I know that the Company is capable of procuring the equipment because it was provided to me when I worked at your other unit. Has a decision been made not to provide it after all and also not to inform me?

Without it I am really suffering. I now have significantly increased levels of pain, difficulty sleeping, headaches, I don't want to get out of bed in the mornings and I'm crying a lot because of the helplessness and sense of desperation that I feel.

I had previously believed that providing equipment or making other changes was something nice that employers did for their disabled employees. However, I have just been advised that complying with the duty to make reasonable adjustments is a statutory requirement and that failure to do so is disability discrimination.

Absence management Stage 1.
    I have been told that I will have a Stage 1 meeting and that, if it goes on the internal systems it can block a transfer. At least one of my absences is disability-related.

The advice I just received is that treating disabled employees exactly the same as others during absence management procedures is likely to be indirect disability discrimination and that adjustments should be made e.g. discounting disability-related absences.

Transfer.
    I have asked to be transferred to any other unit and this has been declined mostly on the grounds that cover is needed.

I have now learned that there's a role available at my former unit XXXX. This would be ideal for me, as a reasonable adjustment, because the equipment I need was provided when I worked there. So, it's likely that this transfer would solve most of my problems.

If you would like to hold a meeting with me to discuss these matters could you please give me a week's notice so that I have time to prepare and to arrange to have someone to accompany me.
    Yours etc.

Comment

Sorry, I have had my 2 year old great-niece for two days while her daddy had an op.

1: yes, they were the ones who actually got me the stuff but it went missing between them and training for this unit, i've never got it back!
      2: Yes I had it confirmed that Training and Planning picked it up from the old unit. It then went missing.
      3: Yes, I can ask for it
      4: Yes, we have s lady with a certain medical problem who has been off for about 4 months and has never had anything done, I have had 3 occasions (flu, cyst due to hypermobility and chest infection) and I'm being taken to Stage 1. The only reason I didn't go to work the day the cyst ruptured was cos I didn't get out of the hospital till 7.55 and I finish work at 8pm!

Originally posted by mariefab View Post
      Great.

1. Is the unit that wants you back one where you the equipment you need was provided?
      2. Is the equipment likely to still be there?

3. Does the employer have a documented Absence Management Policy that you either have, or can get, a copy of.
      4. Does your employer treat people with disabilities more favourably when applying the Absence policy, e.g. not counting disability-related absences?
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

OK, here's what I've come up with so far. You need to fill in the equipment part and we can add more later.

Disability.
        The Company knows that I have Hypermobility and that it is a disability. You have Occupational Health reports stating that I score 6-7 on their 'needs help' form, photos of my hands, a sketch of how my hands work, sick notes etc.

Equipment.
        The Company has promised to provide the following equipment in order to significantly reduce the amount of pain and aggravation of other symptoms that I suffer.
        2. Different keyboard???
        3.???

I have been raising that it hasn't been provided and that I really need it (sometimes in tears) at least once a month, and each time I'm assured that something will be done, but so far nothing has been done about it.

I don't understand why not. I know that the Company is capable of procuring the equipment because it was provided to me when I worked at your other unit. Has a decision been made not to provide it after all and also not to inform me?

Without it I am really suffering. I now have significantly increased levels of pain, difficulty sleeping, headaches, I don't want to get out of bed in the mornings and I'm crying a lot because of the helplessness and sense of desperation that I feel.

I had previously believed that providing equipment or making other changes was something nice that employers did for their disabled employees. However, I have just been advised that complying with the duty to make reasonable adjustments is a statutory requirement and that failure to do so is disability discrimination.

I have been told that I will have a Stage 1 meeting and that, if it goes on the internal systems it can block a transfer. At least one of my absences is disability-related.

The advice I just received is that treating disabled employees exactly the same as others during absence management procedures is likely to be indirect disability discrimination and that adjustments should be made e.g. discounting disability-related absences.

Transfer.
        I have asked to be transferred to any other unit and this has been declined mostly on the grounds that cover is needed.

I have now learned that there's a role available at my former unit XXXX. This would be ideal for me, as a reasonable adjustment, because the equipment I need was provided when I worked there. So, it's likely that this transfer would solve most of my problems.

If you would like to hold a meeting with me to discuss these matters could you please give me a week's notice so that I have time to prepare and to arrange to have someone to accompany me.
        Yours etc.
        You are a wonder. This is exactly what I needed!! Will print it out as I am told the meeting will still go ahead and I don't think that it's fair! Someone I know is off sick (long term) and is posting photos from the pub every night, I have time off when I am that sick I am in bed when they ring me and I'm the one taken to stage one!

I wouldn't mind so much but they provided me with records of absence and one says "Will be coming in after hospital- unlikely due to waiting times!" how much more do these people want?!?!
        PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Disability.

Equipment.
          2. Different keyboard???
          3.???

Transfer.

Yours etc.
          You are a wonder. This is exactly what I needed!! Will print it out as I am told the meeting will still go ahead and I don't think that it's fair! Someone I know is off sick (long term) and is posting photos from the pub every night, I have time off when I am that sick I am in bed when they ring me and I'm the one taken to stage one!

I wouldn't mind so much but they provided me with records of absence and one says "Will be coming in after hospital- unlikely due to waiting times!" how much more do these people want?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea why that double posted?!? [MENTION=2]Celestine[/MENTION] /@Amethyst if you want to remove one please feel free. My internet is playing silly buggers again!

Callie <3

Comment

I suggest that you give a copy of your grievance to both your manager and HR.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Update for [MENTION=26290]mariefab[/MENTION]

I feel like Pharrell Williams...... Because I'm HAAAAPPPYYYYYYYYY!!!

Meeting went 1000000% better than I expected with a reccomendation for occupational health and internal transfer.. and that was without having to hand over the grievance letter!!

I was going to hand it in and my tm said "Babes wait! You will like this!"

She is organising OH within a month at the most, and a meeting with a couple of new unit's ops managers for the same period!

Feeling 20 stone lighter!

Thank you

Callie
                <3 <3 <3

Comment

Bumped in to an old friend in a totally different unit today, did the whole do you want staff thing in front of the big boss.

Big bossman says that the proceedure is to put the employee up for transfer if the request is kept up for 3 months (cos people say it in a temper, i get that). Just found out a unit is recruiting so asked about how i apply, said the whole OM to email in and was total it was tripe and that its an internal migration that should have been done 6 months ago!!!
                  LIVID MAD!!
                  Grievance going in on Monday.. watch out for the mushroom cloud guys!

Comment

Go get 'em!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X