• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GLADSTONES (Smart Parking Ltd) Solicitor Letter received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLADSTONES (Smart Parking Ltd) Solicitor Letter received

Hi There
    I've received this first letter from Gladstones.
    • The driver at the time I believe was in a shopping area and
    • wasn't aware you was suppose to pay.
    • it was a ANPR ticket
    • Fine £160.
    • Photo of letter attached

What should I do at this stage?
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: GLADSTONES (Smart Parking Ltd) Solicitor Letter received

Gladstone Solicitors my ars.....trakhan coat!
    Look who you pay.
    DRP.....a debt collector.
    & similar to your other thread, they have not invoked the PoFA 2012.
    So the contract is with the driver.
    There is also the possibility of a claim/counter-claim for misusing personal data (if they've accessed the DVLA database for keeper details via their KADOE agreement with DVLA.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

What should I do now with this letter?

Comment

Keep it safe.
        It does not require a response as it isn't a letter before claim....it is not saying 'pay within X days or we will issue a court claim'.
        But if you want you could just reply as the registered keeper saying that the RK is not liable, please communicate with the person who was driving at the time of the parking event.
        Up to you.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hey peter88,

I was just reading your thread from back in June and I have received the exact same letter from Gladstones telling me to pay DRP, so actually from DRP... after ignoring a PCN for quite a while.

I just wanted to ask if you ever had any more correspondence after that, or if the case was ever taken any further and you were actually issued a notice before court action?

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Originally posted by F***Gladstone View Post
            Hey peter88,

I was just reading your thread from back in June and I have received the exact same letter from Gladstones telling me to pay DRP, so actually from DRP... after ignoring a PCN for quite a while.

I just wanted to ask if you ever had any more correspondence after that, or if the case was ever taken any further and you were actually issued a notice before court action?

Thanks in advance,
            Hi & welcome to LB.

Gladstones themselves are solicitors who do represent various different private parking companies.
            Some of them do take things further, some don't.

As previously stated, the letter posted above is merely a 3rd party debt collection letter...you are directed to pay DRP.

I'll give [MENTION=103234]peter88[/MENTION] nudge for you, & you could always start your own thread if you want an opinion on your particular situation.
            Pics of any windscreen PCN, original Notice to Keeper (with personal details obscured but times & dates visible), plus pics of site signage, would be helpful.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi just a quick update,

Have not heard anything since.

fingers crossed, they've forgotten.

But on my other thread i will be going to COURT! Ah. with UKPC. Dec 20th! 2017 help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X