• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help!MET parking charging notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!MET parking charging notice

Hi
    This is the first time i have used this and would be grateful if anyone can help me.
    I have received a parking charge for overstaying at a mcdonalds car park which is ran by met parking. Was the first time i visited this car park and didn't even look for signs.
    The charge is £100 or £50 if paid by 10 days. The letter had the images of my car entering and exiting the car park.
    Please help
    Tags: None

Re: Help!MET parking charging notice

Hi Mrfuj

Post up the letter (Notice to Keeper), obscuring your personal details but leaving all dates visible.
    & well done for not revealing who the driver at the time of the parking event was.
    Oh, & pictures of the signage if you have them or can get them.
    Did you get a windscreen ticket, or was it ANPR? Or some other method of detection?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Met parking services! PCN! Please help

Hi guys im new to this. And this is the first time i have received a pcn. I was wondering if anyone can advise or help me on this matter please. I overstayed at a mcdonalds car park and did not realise it had a 90 max stay only. How can I appeal this?

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]
        It was anpr.
        I will have to return to the place for pictures

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] I have attached the picture of the letter
          Attached Files

Comment

Please check thread for my response. Sorry im new to this��

Comment

Your response is fine, Mrfuj.

Post up the signage pictures asap.

Also, have you tried contacting the McD manager to get this cancelled?
              I'm sure you had a very good reason for the overstay (*hint hint*)...this parking charge has possibly ruined any happy memory of your childrens' birthday treat/grandmother's annual day out/wedding anniversary celebration. (Ok, that last one may not fly, 'cos people don't usually spend that much on that........do they? ).
              & of course you would simply have to plaster your disappointment all over fb, twitter, etc etc ("What did you say your name was again, Mr Manager...........?").
              Seriously though, it sometimes works. Be polite but insistent.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Re: Met parking services! PCN! Please help

Responded on your other thread.
                http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...758#post734758
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Re: Met parking services! PCN! Please help

Your first port of call is back to McDonalds, ask for the manager, if you were a customer they can cancel these

Comment

Hi
                    I will return to the mcdonalds to speak to manager and will update you on their response.
                    Thank you all for your responses.

Comment

Hi quick update.
                      I returned to the mcdonalds today and spoke to the manager. He told me they have no powers to get the ticket cancelled. I then told him i was told by met you can. (White lie). He then told me to send a picture of the fine and he will contact met to get it cancelled.
                      Fingers crossed

Comment

Get anything in writing! Told you they can, they just don't want everyone knowing

Comment

[MENTION=78821]Gevans[/MENTION]57 he wouldn't give me anything in writing. Manager took my number texed me yesterday to say they have cancelled it. But how can i comfirm this

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry [MENTION=101521]Gevans67[/MENTION]

Comment

They should have given you some sort of confirmation, if they did text you i would keep a copy of this. You could try customer service? . I'd take this as being cancelled tho.

Comment

I'm sure the manager is telling the truth.

After all, his firm don't 'do' McWhoppers!
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X