• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with appeal to popla gemini parking solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with appeal to popla gemini parking solutions

Hi, I need help!
    I recently received a parking charge notice from Gemini Parking solutions, I was in a hired vehicle and they last my details on. I was dropping someone off at chase farm hospital, there was nowhere to stop outside as there were works going on and ambulances out front, I pulled into the car park to let my mum down and I had two kids in the car and one was sick everywhere I cleaned the little one up and then left I was there total of 40 mins, I was unaware it was an automatic car park and I didn't pay as I did not leave the car park and had no money on me I appealed to Gemini and explained this they have declined and I need to appeal to popla I cannot afford to pay this I'm a single parent and I've been charged by the hirer company which they have taken the money already £60 please help.
    This was my appeal to them:
    I have recieved a parking charge notice to hirer reference 432129.
    Vehicle DY16 ZBU
    I hadn't left the car park I was dropping someone off, there was nowhere to stop as there were works going on and ambulances blocking the way I had to pull into the car park, I had 2 children in the car 1 which was sick everywhere I needed to change him I stopped in the car park so I could clean him up and change his clothes I didn't leave the car park and go inside as I didn't have the money to pay for the meter I wasn't aware it was automatic recogonition I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I'm a single parent and cannot afford to pay these fees, I'm happy to send you the money owed for the time I was there which I believe to be £2 as that was the lost for the owner of the car park. If you wish to reject my appeal please send me a popla code.
    There response was:

Thank you for your appeal received on 19/06/2017 in relation to Parking Charge Notice 432129 whichwas issued to vehicle registration DY16 ZBU on the 16/06/2017 at the location Chase FarmHospital, The Ridgeway, Enfield, Middlesex, EN2 8JL for the contravention “Failure To Pay ForThe Duration Of Stay”. We have reviewed the case and noted the comments that you have made.

We have noted your comments that you was dropping off somebody and did not leave the car park,you also did not have money to put into the machine and wasn’t aware that it was ANPR managed.However, there is clearly displayed signage at the entrance and throughout the location advising onthe site regulations, parking fees and location of payment machines. Please, see the site imagesbelow. Unfortunately, we are unable to take the mitigating circumstances into account.
    There are two payment machines available to motorists in the multi-storey car park, one is rightoutside the car park and another one is on the ground floor in the stairwell. Both machines acceptpayments by cash and card. Motorists are also given the option to pay by phone on the day using theRingGo facility or online on [COLOR=rgb(0.000000%, 0.000000%, 100.000000%)]www.paytopark.co.uk [/COLOR]within 48 hours.
    On the date of contravention, there was no payment allocated to the above vehicle registration. Thisindicates that 40 minutes of your stay remains unpaid for, hence the PCN was issued.
    The above location is private property and is managed by Gemini Parking Solutions London Ltd onbehalf of the land owner. In this instance, the driver parked within a restricted area on land which isowned by our client. When parking on private land, a motorist freely enters into an agreement to abideby the conditions of parking in return for permission to park. It is the motorist’s responsibility to ensurethat he or she is aware of and abides by any clearly displayed conditions of parking.
    Gemini Parking Solutions fully complies with the guidelines set by that of the British ParkingAssociation who are the regulating body for the parking industry. We ensure that photographicevidence is taken with every PCN that is issued in case of disputes.
    The above vehicle was parked outside of the set terms and conditions of the site and havingconsidered all grounds for appeal, we are in this instance unable to accept your appeal.

[IMG]file:///page1image13648[/IMG]
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X