• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED!** Claim Form Recieved, Questions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim Form Recieved, Questions!

Hi
    I think they are playing games with you in that you have 5 days for service which if the date was 14th would be 19th and then 28 days to file your defence.

As I said earlier you really could only ask for the notice of termination, the agreement and the notice and deed of assignment. they will not roll over and give the deed but you should include it in your defence so with luck the judge would order its disclosure

Comment

Thanks Warwick. So in my defence, should I state that i have requested those but Lo.ell have refused? Im a bit worried about what to put in my defence as i currently have no information still as to what this debt is for and how old it is

Comment

Hi

Unless something appears i would be using one of the sample defences in the green box above and include something about it is denied the claimant has a right to bring a claim and is put to strict proof by providing a copy of the deed of assignment.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I need to do my defence over the next day or so, I’m still yet to receive anything back from EE in regards to the SAR, and Lowells have refused to give any information in regards to my CPR request. I have looked at the example template for my defence and I’m not sure what I should be including and removing from the example. Could anyone point me in the right direction as it seems to be aimed at people contesting a credit agreement. I know I haven’t made any payments or acknowledged this debt in the last 6 years, and as mentioned before this doesn’t show on my credit file, my credit score is currently excellent with no missed payments over the past 6 years

Comment

When you say Lowell have refused to supply info what exactly do you mean?

Have they just ignored you or actually written and refused?
            [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Sorry telecoms are not an area I know much about

Comment

Well in their letter back to me they said they cant share any information

Comment

Could you post up that letter? (Obscure personal info, ref no's etc)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  Could you post up that letter? (Obscure personal info, ref no's etc)
                  Here we go
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ah

Ok, their usual 'robo-reply'.
                    I just wondered whether they had changed their tactics.
                    They haven't.......same old same old!
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ah

Ok, their usual 'robo-reply'.
                      I just wondered whether they had changed their tactics.
                      They haven't.......same old same old!
                      Any advice as to what i can add in my defence, i really need to get this done by monday i believe

Comment

Example Defence

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          Thanks Mike, do i keep everything as it is and add the names of myself and the claiment ?

Comment

Scrub any reference to the CCA (S87 Default Notice, CCA request etc), as you've already stated that it doesn't apply.

What have you asked for so far re disclosure? (CPR 31.14 or otherwise)
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Scrub any reference to the CCA (S87 Default Notice, CCA request etc), as you've already stated that it doesn't apply.

What have you asked for so far re disclosure? (CPR 31.14 or otherwise)
                              Thanks, yes i have done a CPR and thats it, I requested a SAR from EE but that asnt come through yet

Comment

The SAR info is more for your own personal use (to compare with whatever might be disclosed by the Claimant/sols).
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X