• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Unpayed wages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpayed wages

Hi I recently joined a company and worked for 8 days over a period of 2 weeks I had to work a week in arrears and have not been payed for the work I have done I was told not to come in due to them moving offices which I believe is a farse because they can't afford to employ me I never received a contract but when I originally worked there some time before I did have a contract and still have a copy of it and the employee handbook on my phone whilst I was there the owner was never actually in and someone even came Into his office and stole his computer due to the fact they wasn't getting payed obviously I have no wish to continue working here I just want my money that I worked for what would be the best thing for me to do as he has said 3 separate dates to when il get payed and none of them have been true.
    Tags: None

Re: Unpayed wages

If the arrangements that have been made for getting paid have all been verbal I suggest writing either via post and recorded delivery or email asking politely that the outstanding amount be paid. I suggest detailing the amount that you think you are owed and requesting that it be paid within 5 working days.

You do then have the option to bring a legal claim for your wages but this will be at a cost to you for doing so, which for 8 days work, may not be a cost effective solution. I hope a more formal approach will get your wages paid albeit that is sounds like maybe the business could be in a bit of financial difficulty.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Re: Unpayed wages

Okay thanks for the reply, I have messaged him and he does say he is facing financial difficulties but I don't understand why he would employ people in the first place if he couldn't afford to pay them he has stated 3 prior dates to as when I'll receive payment none have come through as off yet he has done this to that many people I can't let him get away with it for moralistic reasons I don't mind investing my own money it's just if I actually have a valid case I have emails from my work email from the dates I've worked I also believe I can get call recordings on the dates of which I've worked I'm not even bothered about the money it's just the principal he will never learn and continue to do this if no one ever makes a stand.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X