• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Steering in the right direction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering in the right direction

Hello

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place to vent my concerns.
    I am truly concerned about someone I am close too. They work as a carer and I know for a fact that they are drinking while on duty.
    Could someone please let me know what the legal implications would be if they are caught. Although I am close to this person, I feel it is my moral obligation to report them to prevent anyone getting hurt. I would not like someone who was a struggling alcoholic to be caring for my frail and vulnerable family member.
    I am almost hoping to be able to shock some sense into this person, to wake them up to the dangers and I cant seem to find anything online

thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Steering in the right direction

It is likely she/he would face disciplinary action and potentially lose their job, although their employer may have a duty of care over them and be able to offer some form of help and support. If anything happened whilst they were responsible for the care of vulnerable people then things could be far far worse, potentially criminal charges of neglect, and possibly worse ....

I totally agree with your making a report to their employer and believe that yes, it is your moral duty, to both the people who are in need of care, and to your friend who may be on a downward spiral and needs a kick up the bum to do something about it and find some help for themselves. It is likely to damage your relationship - in the short term at least. Long term they may see you took the action to prevent them harming themselves or causing harm to others.

If anything did happen while they were in charge of someone vulnerable then you would probably not forgive yourself if you were aware of the risks but took no action.

Just my view - others will probably be able to give you a better legal standpoint.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X