• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shoplifting TK Maxx + no police + passport details = what happens? :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoplifting TK Maxx + no police + passport details = what happens? :(

Hello all,

I know this is a very common topic but I couldn't find a case where the store kept the shoplifter's passport details...

I was caught shoplifting about £200 worth of stuff at TK Maxx and was brought into the basement. I had my student card and my passport on me at the time so they noted down the details, and gave me a 12-month banning order. I was also given a copy of RLP's "Notice of Intended Civil Recovery".

This is my first offence, and no police were called. I gather from all the forums that RLP has no legal ground to stand on when it comes to fines, and I would listen to the advice of citizens - except that they have my passport details. I'm a tier 4 student visa holder...what might happen?
    Tags: None

Re: Shoplifting TK Maxx + no police + passport details = what happens?

Hi

As the police were not involved I can not see there being any problems apart from the usual letters that RLP send.

I am assuming you are a student at University - if so can I suggest you use the services of the SU . That is what they are there for amongst other things and they will not be judgmental.

Of course it may depend on the person you get to help and maybe you could go and ask for advice for a 'friend' that way you can maintain your anonymity.

I am a great fan of students Unions particularly if they are affiliated to NUS

Comment

Re: Shoplifting TK Maxx + no police + passport details = what happens?

Originally posted by jellycat00 View Post
      hello all,

i know this is a very common topic but i couldn't find a case where the store kept the shoplifter's passport details...

I was caught shoplifting about £200 worth of stuff at tk maxx and was brought into the basement. I had my student card and my passport on me at the time so they noted down the details, and gave me a 12-month banning order. I was also given a copy of rlp's "notice of intended civil recovery".

This is my first offence, and no police were called. I gather from all the forums that rlp has no legal ground to stand on when it comes to fines, and i would listen to the advice of citizens - except that they have my passport details. I'm a tier 4 student visa holder...what might happen?

​nothing will happen

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X