• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

help needed I am working for an agency and been with the company that i am working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed I am working for an agency and been with the company that i am working

help needed I am working for an agency and been with the company that i am working with them for 2 months and at a meeting friday was told there is a 45 day consultation period to close the site by 2020 what I need to know is what rights do I have to any redundancy if any at the end of it and would being in a union help help please I am not sure if I am better to look for a new job or wait an see help v much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: help needed I am working for an agency and been with the company that i am workin

Are you employed by the agency and is it the agency that pays your salary? If so then you have no entitlement to redundancy. What you should try and get your agency to do is find out how long the company may want you to continue to work with them. If the timescale is short then ask the agency to see if they can have another assignment lined up for you.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Re: help needed I am working for an agency and been with the company that i am workin

the agency haven't said anything at all the company called us in an gave us the good news but i will call in morning the company say 2 years at least not sure if that is plus 45 the consultation period staff there say more like 4 years because the sites were they are moving the work to in romania there staff are paid peanuts. A lot of the work comes back to the site to correct so it could take longer just not sure what to do an had so much problems recently this is all i need. Thanks for replying
      Last edited by Amethyst; 2nd November 2017, 09:14:AM.

Comment

any help please still at site are the agency regulations any good as they say that pay should bed be the same as regular workers at the site were you work an do the government do anything if they won't put money into a pension for you even if you have asked several times there just want me to forget about it.

Comment

Forgive me for being a little direct here, but the fact you are with an agency means that you are temporary labour without any contractual rights if the company to whom you've been assigned too. The likely hood is if you read the contract that the agency sent you when you enrolled is that you are considered to be a self-employed person.
          If you're looking or hoping for the firms contractual terms then I'm afraid it's unlikely you'll get anywhere.
          If you feel threatened in your stability of position. Then as advised already ask the agency for an alternative placing.

Comment

Originally posted by Onestepatatime View Post
            Forgive me for being a little direct here, but the fact you are with an agency means that you are temporary labour without any contractual rights if the company to whom you've been assigned too. The likely hood is if you read the contract that the agency sent you when you enrolled is that you are considered to be a self-employed person.
            If you're looking or hoping for the firms contractual terms then I'm afraid it's unlikely you'll get anywhere.
            If you feel threatened in your stability of position. Then as advised already ask the agency for an alternative placing.
            what about the 12 week ruling after which time you should be paid the same as a regular worker. or is this is to wriggle out of.
            on government website says,Rights after 12 weeks. After 12 weeks in the job you qualify for the same rights as someone employed directly. This is known as ‘equal treatment’.
            Your rights include:
            • ‘equal pay’ - the same pay as a permanent colleague doing the same job
            • automatic pension enrolment
            • paid annual leave
            Last edited by halsaps; 2nd November 2017, 05:33:AM. Reason: error

Comment

So it will boil down to how you are registered with the agency? Are you on paye or self employed? It also states you may ask to be paid the same as a regular employee.
              https://www.gov.uk/agency-workers-your-rights/pay

Comment

Forgive me for being even more direct about your xenophobic and totally unsubstantiated comments about Romanians. It is deeply offensive to not just all Romanians but also many more people.

There may be many reasons why the company is moving to Romania and lower wages may just be one of them, the standards of living ( and to some extent costs of living) are much lower in Romania than the UK and hence the wages are lower.

Of course another reason may be that Romania will be in the EU so anything manufactured there will definitely be in the free trade area

I see the post has now been edited so to anyone who reads it now maybe a little confused
                Last edited by warwick65; 2nd November 2017, 11:20:AM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                  Forgive me for being even more direct about your xenophobic and totally unsubstantiated comments about Romanians. It is deeply offensive to not just all Romanians but also many more people.

There may be many reasons why the company is moving to Romania and lower wages may just be one of them, the standards of living ( and to some extent costs of living) are much lower in Romania than the UK and hence the wages are lower.

Of course another reason may be that Romania will be in the EU so anything manufactured there will definitely be in the free trade area

I see the post has now been edited so to anyone who reads it now maybe a little confused
                  Sorry wasn't meaning to be prejudicial to Romania at all I did n't mean to cause offense my problem is only that I want to be treated fairly is that much to ask, I believe I am on PAYE as I have never been told anything else. thanks for replying onestepatatime.
                  Last edited by halsaps; 2nd November 2017, 15:55:PM. Reason: error

Comment

I understand your frustration. I assume the paye comes through the agency

I don't want to comment on contracts and employment law, that is for [MENTION=51026]Ula[/MENTION]

However if I am right you will have employment for 2 maybe 4 years. It's possible the company are covering their bases so regardless of circumstances they could make a decision

Comment

yes it does thanks for your reply I have logged the pension bit with the government pension people they are looking into it but not sure if they will need many more to report the issue to do much, I have also to add to it one of the other agency workers saying things about me being sacked and mentioned a manager so he caused me a lot of distress and I work a lot harder than he does at least everyone agrees with me and he may have been warned not to say anything again.

Comment

As asked in my original post for which you have not yet responded who pays your salary is it the agency?
                        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
                        If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
                          As asked in my original post for which you have not yet responded who pays your salary is it the agency?
                          Sorry yes comes from them .I am a bit worried about asking to see my contract but they should have sent me a copy anyway and they might not like me asking for a copy but I will have to soon thanks for replying.

Comment

At last they are know paying £11 into a pension i asked for but at least it is something i have also been bullied by another agancy worker but am to scared to ask the mangers to take action on him as i may be sacked as well as him although the normal company workers are on my side what happens if i was to speak up and was sacked i dont how bad it has to get these days i nearly went down the route of trying to record what he was saying but this isnt probably a good idea either help please

Comment

I have know asked twice know for my contract and to see if i ama swedish agency worker or the normal type but for some reason they wont send it or ignore it i am going to know right a letter asking for there stance on on the 12 week ruling any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X