• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Endorcement LTD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Endorcement LTD

Hello Everyone

Advice very much needed...

A parking ticket was issue back in September 2016 from civil enforcement ltd. When the ticket was issued I wasn't driving the car and actually in Spain. I ignored the ticket. I then received another one. The person driving my car actually drove down to a under ground car park which is for residents of a building was told by a site agent he wasn't allowed to park down there so he reversed and left the car park. He didn't go through the entrance he just reverse into the exit to pull out and leave . I wrote letter to CEL and was ignored. I emailed them contesting this ticket and they basically replied tough and I was liable. So I ignore the ticket again. Well today I have received Claim Form for the county court business centre stating that I now need to pay £325.28.

£250.28 for ticket
    £25 for court fee
    £50.00 for legal representation

i don't understand why I'm being charged as I haven't actually been taken to court and haven't had any legal representation.

What will be my next steps? Any advice would be appriecated

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Civil Endorcement LTD

Hi, what did you send to CEL? They should have replied to your letter especially if you were not the driver. CEL are usually out of time to hold the keeper liable & use court as "debt collectors", they discontinue once a half decent defence goes in. Is there anyway you can post a picture of the NTK please. You've 14 days to acknowledge the claim. Contact me if you can

Comment

I have acknowledged the claim letter but haven't put in a reply yet.... I'm stuck and I really don't wanna have to go to court to defend myself

Comment

I've got a basic defence you can put in, should get them off your back? However as you were in Spain & told them they shouldn't have continued to process your data. Are you on Facebook? If so please join private parking tickets - help & advice. I'm an admin I'll add you. If not email me, gevans67@sky.com

Comment

Well today I have received Claim Form for the county court business centre stating that I now need to pay £325.28.
          Just to be clear on this, was it an N1 claim form? (usually via Northampton CCBC).
          If so, it is a prospective claim, not a judgment for payment.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yes it was a N1 claim form

Comment

Good (I mean it's not a default) they're double claiming which they're not allowed, NTK isn't POFA compliant etc, no particulars of claim etc, easy win

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X