• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** settled ** County Court Claim Form Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court Claim Form Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

11: The Claimant has failed to comply with s78(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s78(6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.
    IFYPFY
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you, I will amend my Defence

With regards to the difference in dates between the Notice of Claim Issue and the Court Claim Form, can I put this in my Defence?

Thanks

Comment

Good Afternoon

i am am just going to submit my defence

can anyone answer my question in the post above please?

Many thanks

Comment

Hi
          I don't think it can be used as part of your defence but could be included as part of a witness statement .

I know you received the notice of claim nearly two weeks later but what was the date on it?

If it was dated after the claim you could add a paragraph towards the end saying the claimant did not follow pre action protocols in that the notice of claim dated xxxx was issued x days after the claim.

Comment

Hi

I included it in my defence

Is it something that could go against me?

Thanks

Comment

Good evening

I received a reply to my SAR today from Vanquis

They sent me:
              List of translations and charges
              Statement Balances

Does that mean this is all of the information they have or will they continue to send more information?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DezzyB View Post
                Good evening

I received a reply to my SAR today from Vanquis

They sent me:
                List of translations and charges
                Statement Balances

Does that mean this is all of the information they have or will they continue to send more information?

Thanks
                They should have sent you everything that is held on their databases.
                In the past I have contacted the sender to verify that what has been sent is the total of all data held.
                Sometimes what isn't there (but should be) is equally if not more important than the disclosed stuff.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you

I will contact them to confirm they have sent everything on their database

Comment

Good evening

I have received a copy of the Directions Questionnaire from Lowell. I have also received the Questionnaire from the court. I'm filling it out now. Where it asks about witnesses, it says how many including yourself, do I put 1 in the box to include myself as a witness? They have put 0 on their form.
                    Also, do I need to send a copy to Lowell? I don't want to send them anything with my signature on it

Thanks

Comment

1 = you

copy to lowells also

Comment

Thanks MIKE770

Although I am worried that they may try to use my signature

Comment

just amend signature slightly and take copy = i.e. put a stroke in finely only you know slight change, but to be honest there is no proof that this has happened or been reported? and regarding Lawful papers then it would be a criminal offence.

Comment

I think Mike's idea is good or use an anti tamper strip
                            [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] do we have one?

Although there is no proof, there seems some strong suggestions that all may not be as it seems at first sight. So it would be very wise to take precautions.

Comment

there is one we used years ago Ame probably knows where on here

Comment

found it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X