• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shooter V Lloyds *SUCCESS*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shooter V Lloyds

both and yes send a copy of your Ie to back up your letter good luck xxxxxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yep, I agree with Ame Shooter. Sounds like good ideas!

Comment

Thanks Guys

Everything is now printed and is ready to post 1st thing in the morning

I will keep you updated but am away from 1st to 10th August

This may interest you though

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...html?t=1052033

seems lloyds may be starting to pay out
        Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Well letters posted so now all I have to do is wait to see what reponce they bring.

I have included my mobile no so hopefully they will call me to ask me how I'd like my money back. Well you can only hope can't you!

Good job I'm going away else I'd be like a cat on a hot tin roof!

I'm away from tommorrow lunch time so see you all when I get back and hopefully I'll have something good to come back to.

goodluck to all of you reclaimers while I'm away

shooter
          Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Have a good break and we'll keep fingers crossed for you x
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ditto

Comment

Just to let everyone know that I'm home

I have received the Following;

5th August 2008

Dear Shooter

I am writing to let you know that we've received your Complaint and to say how sorry I am to learn that you're unhappy with us.

You have my assurance that we will investigate the concerns you have raised with us - this may take a little time but we would expect our enquires to be complete within the coming 20 days. We will then be able to respond in full to your complaint and at that stage, I hope, resolve matters between us.

Yours sincerely

Laura Baker
                Customer Services Officer

I assume that this is a standard reply.

Comment

OK, sounds OK.

Still have fingers crossed

Budgie

Comment

Originally posted by shooter View Post
                    Just to let everyone know that I'm home

I have received the Following;

5th August 2008

Dear Shooter

I am writing to let you know that we've received your Complaint and to say how sorry I am to learn that you're unhappy with us.

You have my assurance that we will investigate the concerns you have raised with us - this may take a little time but we would expect our enquires to be complete within the coming 20 days. We will then be able to respond in full to your complaint and at that stage, I hope, resolve matters between us.

Yours sincerely

Laura Baker
                    Customer Services Officer

I assume that this is a standard reply.
                    Shame it was a request and not a complaint though lol :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Exactly!!

what a load of NUMPTIES they are!

Comment

Well a quick update

I'm still getting charges and have had my loan with LLoyds put on a reduced payment plan with them now £20 a month instead of £142 until january 09 (after going through an I&E with their collections dept in June and them agreeing that I was in fact suffering Financial Hardship) anyway due to a missing payment on the loan the collections dept called me last night.

A really nice young man name Karl went through everything with me and cleared up some mistakes on their part (letters not being sent to me about the loan payment plan, Indian call centres not understanding me nor me them, etc) he then when on to up my overdraft to cover the chrges in September, then stop the interest on my overdraft for 6 mths and take off £75 of the £77.49 OD charges that are due in October and I am now paying back the OD at £11 per month.

Couldn't beleive it, good job I was sitting down!!

I asked him if he could do anything about the letter I had sent re; hardship rules, he looked at the notes on my account and sa\id that there is nothing about it on there.

I just hope that that is not all their going to do to help me and that I'm not going to now get a letter saying tat as they have done this that they have fulfilled the FSA waiver!

Any thoughts on this would be apprieciated

Comment

mmmm they might but I still think you should carry on pushing for a refund.

I'll pm you about the Hardship Case that EXC mentioned.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by shooter View Post
                            Well a quick update

I'm still getting charges and have had my loan with LLoyds put on a reduced payment plan with them now £20 a month instead of £142 until january 09 (after going through an I&E with their collections dept in June and them agreeing that I was in fact suffering Financial Hardship) anyway due to a missing payment on the loan the collections dept called me last night.

A really nice young man name Karl went through everything with me and cleared up some mistakes on their part (letters not being sent to me about the loan payment plan, Indian call centres not understanding me nor me them, etc) he then when on to up my overdraft to cover the chrges in September, then stop the interest on my overdraft for 6 mths and take off £75 of the £77.49 OD charges that are due in October and I am now paying back the OD at £11 per month.

Couldn't beleive it, good job I was sitting down!!

I asked him if he could do anything about the letter I had sent re; hardship rules, he looked at the notes on my account and sa\id that there is nothing about it on there.

I just hope that that is not all their going to do to help me and that I'm not going to now get a letter saying tat as they have done this that they have fulfilled the FSA waiver!

Any thoughts on this would be apprieciated
                            Hi Shooter,

Do you have a seperate loan account with lloyds as well then Shooter?
                            Do you have anything in writing from them regarding their agreement that you were suffering finacial hardship?

It's interesting that the guy called you about the "loan" but then made these adjustments to your current account. Also very interesting that he seemed to know nothing about the Hardship approach for return of charges on your current account. I think that's actually a good thing abd bears well for your pending hardship settlement request. However, I don't actually believe that he actually knew nothing about it.

The changes to your current account whilst appearing to help you in the short term are potentially going to cause you additional problems in the future. They are effectively increasing your overdraft to give you sufficient funds to pay their bloody charges.

I suggest chasing up Laura Baker by phone today. Explain what has happened regarding the phone call with Karl. Explain that you really need a fast resolution to your outstanding claims for recovery of your charges owing to your current financial hardship.

Karl has now set the benchmark for recovery of your charges. £75 returned to you out of the total £77.49 charges due to be added in October. Will be great if that same ratio could be applied to all of your charges !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi All

I have some very interesting News for anyone with a hardship claim againt LLoyds

I received a call this afternoon from John Bundy at LLoyds customer Services Recovery centre at Brighton.

He told me that his manager had asked him to call me to discuss my letter regarding my claim being relooked at due to the FSA's new hardship rules in the waiver.

He said that he would stop the charges that are due to be taken from my account in sept and oct and that he would put a put on a block (his term not mine) all future charges and OD interest until the end of the current waiver and that should the waiver be extended again I was to call 0845 600 6299 in January to arrange for the block to be extended also.

The above phone number is direct to this new department and you will get to speak to someone at Brighton Not some one in some obscur part of india!

He told me that a brand new telephony department had been set up to handle hardship cases in relation to the waiver and test case and that the staff were receiving training in how to contact the relavant customers and set up these blocks on charges and interest.
                              This is all that they are offering.

They cannot or will not refund any of the charges that are covered by my case that is stayed nor the charges that have accrued since I filed at court, and told me that I would have to await the outcome of the test case for that.

At least now I don't have to worry about any charges or OD interest on my account for 6 months and even if I do have returned DD's or SO's I will not be charged for them. although I will be trying not to have this happen.

He has agreed to put everything in writing including that lloyds accept that I fulfill the FSA's criteria for hardship.

So it seams that LLoyds are now taking the hardship rules of the FSA waiver very seriously and are almost bending over backwards to help.

OK so I'm not going to get my money back any time soon but atleast I can breathe a little easier as regards to further charges and also interest on the Overdraft that I have been forced to have due to charges.

My advice to anyone who believes that they fit the FSA's critreria is to write to LLoyds and wait for a phone call from John or one of his colleagues or alternatively you could give them a call on the above number.

If I hear anything more regarding this I will post it up

GOOD LUCK to everyone going after LLoyds

Comment

Thank you for posting this up Shooter - it really is great news for hardship claimants and I hope the other banks follow suit.

Will pm you back in morning too head all a wibble tonight lol.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X