• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global Limited V Montesoro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow Global Limited V Montesoro

Well I haven't received anything else, and it's almost a month since I submitted the defence. What happens now? Is there a time limit for them to respond?

Comment

after 33 days ring the court and ask the state of the account - not un unusual for it to be stayed as claimant failed in the process and would need to apply & pay a fee to ask to reinstate it

Comment

Just yesterday I was looking at issues about postal orders.
        Apparently an uncrossed one is treated as cash.
        I would hate to think that my £1 went into the Claimants' 'Xmas pi$$-up fund'!

All most certain!

Comment

keep your mind on facts here, ring the court, not a fancy of if/maybe/etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit200 View Post
            Just yesterday I was looking at issues about postal orders.
            Apparently an uncrossed one is treated as cash.
            I would hate to think that my £1 went into the Claimants' 'Xmas pi$$-up fund'!
            I can't believe for one minute anyone on this forum would behave with such a lack of decorum!
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              after 33 days ring the court and ask the state of the account - not un unusual for it to be stayed as claimant failed in the process and would need to apply & pay a fee to ask to reinstate it
              I have been trying regularly over the last couple of months to get through to the court but it seems that they no longer answer their phones! I have also sent an email but not holding my breath for a response judging by the amount of Google reviews complaining about them (e.g. attached).

Is it good news that I haven't heard anything? Is there anything I else I can do?
              Attached Files

Comment

HMCTS just like many other departments have had huge cuts in their budget thanks to the 'austerity' measures of the last three governments

So many people really only have themselves to blame :-)

have you looked on MCOL to see what it says?

Generally it is good , if not great news that the claim is not going forward at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                  HMCTS just like many other departments have had huge cuts in their budget thanks to the 'austerity' measures of the last three governments

So many people really only have themselves to blame :-)
                  Sounds about right!

have you looked on MCOL to see what it says?

Generally it is good , if not great news that the claim is not going forward at the moment
                  Yes I did, there is nothing new since my defense was submitted on the 7th July.

Comment

If it says nothing apart from defence received it is pretty certain to be stayed.

The next stage would be applying to lift the stay and then sending out a DQ

Comment

I've read that the UK median wage is circa £22.5k

NCCBC admin officer......£18.5k-£19.5k
                      https://justicejobs.tal.net/vx/mobil...-Officer/en-GB
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Montesoro View Post
                        Sounds about right!

Yes I did, there is nothing new since my defense was submitted on the 7th July.
                        Have you checked with the court to see if the claim has been stayed? You are not informed by the court when this happens.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          I've read that the UK median wage is circa £22.5k

NCCBC admin officer......£18.5k-£19.5k
                          https://justicejobs.tal.net/vx/mobil...-Officer/en-GB
                          The mean or average wage is higher but that is due to the incredibly unjustifiable wages paid to the top few %

To add to it, because of its easy access to London and many rural (ish) villages, Northampton is not exactly a cheap place to live

- - - Updated - - -

I have been trying regularly over the last couple of months to get through to the court but it seems that they no longer answer their phones! I have also sent an email but not holding my breath for a response judging by the amount of Google reviews complaining about them (e.g. attached).

Is it good news that I haven't heard anything? Is there anything I else I can do?
                          Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                          Have you checked with the court to see if the claim has been stayed? You are not informed by the court when this happens.

nem
                          The OP has already said they have been trying to contact the court

Comment

The next stage would be applying to lift the stay and then sending out a DQ
                            Or an Application by the Claimant to lift the stay coupled with an Application for a Summary Judgment to strike out the Defence.

Hopefully not.

Di

Comment

I finally got a reply to my email today from the court, they said the following:

Originally posted by County Court Business Centre
                              I can see on the court records that your defence was processed on the 07/07/2017, as the claimants have not proceeded with this within 33 days the case has now become stayed. If the claimant wishes to proceed with this matter now they must file a application with the courts to do so.
                              Would be grateful of any advice on what do no next?

Comment

nothing they would need to pay a fee to unstay it to court, hopefully never but keep a look out for any post.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X