• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global Limited V Montesoro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow Global Limited V Montesoro

Yip. Drydens seem to have made a mistake - used an old template or something - that though is not your fault - if you didn't have LB to refer to - you wouldn't have known and you always send documents to the addresses given on the court forms. If they have got it wrong and need to amend that is down to them.

When you sent the CPR letter to Drydens did you include the part for their information about having sent your CCA request to the claimant ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      When you sent the CPR letter to Drydens did you include the part for their information about having sent your CCA request to the claimant ?
      Yes I did, and included a copy of the CCA letter with the CPR letter. I have now received the CCA letter that was returned to sender as "refused" so wil keep hold of that.

The CPR letter has been responded to (see attached). I assume I can disregard it as it doesn't really say anything, and draft my defence to be submitted on the 7th?
      Attached Files

Comment

I would appreciate it if someone could have a look at my defence and offer any pointers, I'm due to submit it on Friday morning:

1: I received the claim XXXXXXX from the Northampton County Court on 10th June 2017.

2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence.

3: This claim appears to be for a credit card agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
        [Original Creditor /Claimant] for provision of credit
        4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

5. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

6. The Claimants statement of case states that the account was assigned from Britannica Recoveries S.O.r.l to Arrow Global Limited. The Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

7. It is denied that MBNA served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant.

8: On the 16th June I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Drydens Limited. I requested the Claimant provide copies of theAgreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment.

9. Drydens Limited has not sent any of these documents to me.

10. On the 16th JuneI sent a formal request for a copy of the original agreement to Arrow Global Limited pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee. This request was sent by recorded post, and was refused by the claimant.

11. On the 24th June I sent a further formal request (by first class post) for a copy of the original agreement to Arrow Global Limited pursuant to section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

12. The Claimant has failed to comply with s78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

13. Under Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) Where the claim includes a money claim, a defendant shall be taken to require that any allegation relating to the amount of money claimed be proved unless he expressly admits the allegation. Therefore It is expected that the Claimant be required to prove the allegation that the money is owed as claimed.

14. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case else the Claim should stand struck out.

15. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

16. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.

Statement of Truth

The Defendant believes that the facts stated in this Defence are true.

Signed …………………………………………

Dated .................................................. ....

Re: number 1 do I put the date I actually received the claim or the issue date?

I am also thinking that I should mention something about it being statute barred, as it is a possibility. So should I add this, and if so where:

The Defendant contends the alleged debt is statute barred by virtue of Section 5 of the Limitations Act 1980 in that no payment or acknowledgment has been made for over 6 years

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi

You need to add in there something along the lines of

the claimant is put to strict proof there were legal assignments between MBNA and Brittanica and Brittanica and Arrow Global . It is requested the claimant produce the deed of assignments

If you haven;t asked for the Deeds in your CPR 31.14 request i would be sending a part 18 request to dryden asking for sight of each deed to prove the validity of ownership
          [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]

Comment

Has anything come back from your SAR?

Comment

I asked for the following in my CPR request:

1. Agreement
              2. Default Notice
              3. Notice of Assignment
              4. Deed of Assignment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
              the claimant is put to strict proof there were legal assignments between MBNA and Brittanica and Brittanica and Arrow Global . It is requested the claimant produce the deed of assignments
              Should I put that in after number 7?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anything come back from your SAR?
              Just a letter to say that it may take up to 40 days

Comment

For now, all you can do really is defend on the basis of the Claimant's lack of disclosure.
                &, bearing in mind the torturous route that this agreement has traveled before ending up in AG's grubby little mitts, they may have a problem getting enough info together for a reconstructed version of the agreement, let alone an actual copy of the original.
                Time will tell.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  For now, all you can do really is defend on the basis of the Claimant's lack of disclosure.
                  &, bearing in mind the torturous route that this agreement has traveled before ending up in AG's grubby little mitts, they may have a problem getting enough info together for a reconstructed version of the agreement, let alone an actual copy of the original.
                  Time will tell.
                  Thanks, so just to confirm... leave out the statue barred part, and add in this:

Yes?

As always, your help is much appreciated

Comment

Just one last question. When was the account actually opened?

Comment

Just one last question. When was the account actually opened?
                      I am not exactly sure to be honest, it is not on my credit report on any site. It would have been opened between 2008-2010 though

Comment

If you're not sure whether this is SB, it's probably best to include it in the defence.
                        If it's not, there'd be no harm done, but if it is (or possibly is) you have it covered, & it's up to the Claimant (in the first instance) to disprove the assertion.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Well, my defence has now been submitted so let's see what happens.

Comment

Apart from the letter from the court acknowledging receipt of my defence, I hadn't received anything until today when I received this seemingly pointless and slightly confusing letter from the solicitors.

Does this mean anything? Are they up to something?!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting
                              [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Does AG Guernsey mean anything?

AG Guernsey do not have a consumer credit licence and I think shouldn't be collecting regulated debts

Comment

Interesting
                                @Diana M

Does AG Guernsey mean anything?
                                Yes/possibly/maybe

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X