• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Peel Centre, Stockport parking charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Peel Centre, Stockport parking charge

Hi. According to the blurb on reverse side of pcn, appeals have to be made online to Excel. It says postal appeals will not be accepted unless there are exceptional mitigating circumstances and at there discretion. I started to complete online but them stopped as you have to choose a reason from a drop down menu in order to proceed. All these options basically make it look as if you were driver even if you were not. It is impossible to submit an appeal without completing this field. Do you think I would be better off trying a postal appeal although it looks as if they won't accept this? Many thanks

Comment

I would send a letter* SignedFor post to their business address (on the NTK), instructing them to cancel the PCN (for the reason given...ie time-barred), to remove your personal data from their database forthwith, which they have illegally obtained, & to stop harassing you as it is causing you immense distress. Tell them to take note that this is a section 10 notice via the Data Protection Act 1998. & address it for the personal attention of Mr Renshaw-Smith (He's a director of Excel)
      https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...e-or-distress/

*As registered keeper
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you, will do. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I receive a reply.

Comment

A county court case was heard in Bury very recently, where the defendant consumer was awarded over £900 in costs for both the unreasonable behaviour of the parking company & their breach of the Data Protection Act.
          Excel will be very aware of this, & you will be putting them on notice that they could suffer a similar fate if they continue to make their unwarranted demands.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi just wanted to update you. Now nearly 4 weeks on since I sent the letter and have had no correspondence from them whatsoever. The letter was signed for so it has been received by them. I also sent a letter to their other PO Box address as well to be on the safe side. I do not know where I stand now so would you suggest sending a further letter or just wait for them to contact me?

Many thanks for your help.

Comment

Excel are with *IPC, I believe.
              If so, they give themselves 28 days to reply.

IPC is International Parking Community.
              Maybe someone should inform Excel
              http://excelparkingservices.co.uk/contact/
              (IPC logo at the bottom of the page)
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for this.

Comment

Hi just another update. I sent an email to Excel using the above link on the 11th July and have heard absolutely nothing. It has now been well over 28 days since they received my letter (for which I have proof as it was signed for). I am worried it will come back to haunt me in future months but would they not have sent another PCN by now as we did not pay by the required date?

Thanks for you help.

Comment

According to the IPC Code of Practice the parking company should respond within 28 days.

If it were me I'd hold fire & see what (if anything) turns up, but I'd keep all the evidence (eg NtK, letter to Excel,proof of posting, copies of emails, etc) nice & safe for the time being.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Dear Emma.

I am in similar situation. Could you please upload the appeal letter you sent to Excel Parking for your case. It may help me to appeal aganist them.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Emma S View Post
                        Hi just another update. I sent an email to Excel using the above link on the 11th July and have heard absolutely nothing. It has now been well over 28 days since they received my letter (for which I have proof as it was signed for). I am worried it will come back to haunt me in future months but would they not have sent another PCN by now as we did not pay by the required date?

Thanks for you help.
                        Dear Emma.

I am in similar situation. Could you please upload the appeal letter you sent to Excel Parking for your case. It may help me to appeal aganist them.

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X